Sunday, February 8, 2009

Brunch Anyone?!?


Good morning!! Besides having a passion for papercrafting I enjoy cooking. There’s nothing better than having a homemade meal. I personally am a vegetarian. I’ve been one for 10 or so years. And I feel better than ever. Anyhow on Sundays my husband and I (plus my little girl) love having brunch. For us that consists of a nice refreshing fruit salad, scramble tofu, simple potato hash with herbs, a serving of guacamole and some good salsa with toast. Is your mouth feeling watery yet!!! In honor of our little tradition I decided to share the tofu recipe for a simple yet tasty and hardy breakfast.

Ingredients:

*aprox. measurment


14oz. pack med-firm tofu

2 Tbs. Tamari sauce

3 Tbs. Nutritional yeast

1 Tbs. Chick N style seasoning ( I use the vegan version)

2 Tbs. Annatto oil ( for color)

2 cups chopped spinach

1/2 cup chopped tomatoes


Procedure:

Crumble tofu & stir fry it

add tamari sauce, nutritional yeast, and chick n style seasoning mix all in pan (at this time I normally taste it, if it’s bland add a little more) everything here is according to your taste. Have fun explore herb combinations allow the tofu to dry up a bit. Then add the annatto oil (I simply buy Extra Virgin Olive oil add annatto seed and cook on low till color is released) the color should look like a regular egg scramble. Lastly I add the chopped spinach and tomatoes stir fry some more to allow spinach to wilt a bit and there you have it!! **The trick is to allow the tofu to dry out. Because if not you’ll have a wet mushy blob. Hope you enjoy it.


Best wishes

From my kitchen to yours

No comments: