Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Loving Green

Welcome back!! Today I have a very simple and elegant looking card. This one was inspired by nature. Since I was a little girl I remember green being my favorite color. My home decor presently evolves around this lovely color.

Green today has a special meaning and that is reduce, reuse & recycle. At home we're all about that. Lately, I've been trying to incorporate a more green approach to my crafts (specifically cards). An easy way to do this is by using recycled paper/cardstock. The base for this card is made from recycled tree fibers. There's also other ways to incorporate recycled items into your crafts (also less expensive) :) Try to reuse buttons from old clothes, pieces of magazine for background pattern paper or cereal boxes to punch out flowers or other shapes and use as chipboard. I'll be trying some of these myself :)

Have a lovely day!
Stay tuned for updates on Day 2 at a Glance of my body cleanse :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Recycled paper (Paper Source), PTI"s Ripe Avocado, Chocolate
Stamp: Stampology, PTI's Out on a Limb
Ink: Adirondack Lettuce, Palette Burnt Umber


No comments: