Monday, July 6, 2009

Mending the Body and Soul



Today's card, I thought, was very appropriate for the occasion. I am starting a 7-day body cleanse (this is where you wish me luck) :) My cleanse will be simple but it will take lots of will power to make it all the way through. By God's grace and lots of prayer I'll stick to it. The reason I'm doing the cleanse is because I believe health comes from within. We are what we eat. Adding refined foods, sugars and fats (especially animal fats) to our bodies bogs down our systems.

Every now and then our bodies need a pause, it needs a little bit of nature to get back in tract. I have been a vegetarian for 11 years and the benefits have been remarkable but even then, there's still a lot of "junk" that goes in to my body. Especially when I don't moderate sweets and fats (even if they are vegetarian) :0*

What I hope to achieve through this cleanse:
-Clarity of mind
-Clearer Skin
-More energy
-Healthier Colon
-Weight Loss

The human body is so forgiving. I couldn't agree more with David (The Psalmist) when he said, "We are fearfully and wonderfully made." Our bodies are continually being damaged either by ways we can control (eating habits, lack of exercise, etc.) ways we are totally responsible for, or ways that are out of our control (pollution, stressors, etc.). Therefore, I believe we have the responsibility to do all we can (with God's help) to understand the proper function of our individual bodies to understand our particular needs and strive to be, eat, and stay healthy.

Hopefully you'll find a blessing or two while I chronicle my body cleanse adventure :)

Have a Wonderful Day!
Jessica

**EDITED TO ADD MATERIALS**
Material:
Cardstock: PTI's Kraft, Aqua Mist, Rip Avocado (for the little leaves)
Stamps: Damask, Quilters Sampler
Ink: Palette Water Lily Green, Burnt Umber, Versa Color Amber
Other: Buttons (Foo-la-la), Flower was cut from a patterned paper (MM Mat Stack) I got this pad at Target (gotta love it) :)

2 comments:

muriella said...

Hi Jessica,
Very interesting post, I have a question how do you do this cleansing, do you follow a "recipe" ? could you give me more explanations, thanks so much

Kelly Jo said...

I'm also curious about the cleanse.
Also, on the card- is the flower image a stamp or a die? The card is absolutely beautiful!!