Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thank God For Prayer!!


Hello,

Yesterday was quite the day!! If any of you have been following my posts, then you probably read about my new adventure- a complete body cleanse. I've been chronicling ever day of my cleanse here on my blog.
Anyhow, yesterday I woke up with lots of energy. I was doing perfectly well until I had a shot of wheat grass. Have any of you ever had one? Oh, boy!!! The stuff tastes like freshly cut liquified lawn. It is so strong. Apparently it has lots of health benefits. It's known to boost the immune system, 1 oz. of the intensely green liquid is equivalent to 2 1/2 pounds of veggies, it's a great source of chlorophyl (should that even be mentioned) which is basically liquid sunshine plus it's a natural internal deodorant. Very unique drink. The reason I mention it is because yesterday I drank one shot and it made my stomach so sick. It was unreal. That really took away all my motivation. I was feeling so miserable. The only thing I could think of doing was go to my room and cry. I was so discouraged. I went to my husband and asked him if he could pray for me because I didn't think I could follow through with my cleanse. He embraced me, encouraged me then he prayed for me. I felt like a stream of warm water was being poured through my back-so soothing. Prayer is such a precious gift from God. It has been my biggest strength especially during these last few days (it hasn't been easy giving up solid, yummy cooked food). In fact, it was prayer what got me back on tract. As far as the wheat grass, later that day I found out I wasn't supposed to take it because it's too strong for a tummy that's being cleansed. Oopsy!!
Here's what my day looked like.

Day 3 at a glance:
-7:00 warm water 28 oz
-8:00 14 oz green drink (bananas, strawberries, romaine lettuce, and dandelion greens)
-9:00 Psyllium Husk powder drink
-9:30 Acidophilus and 8 oz green drink
-lots of water
-1:00 carrot juice with the 1 oz wheat grass (yuk!!)
-the rest of the day my stomach was miserable :(
-drank warm water and that soothed my tummy and I was able to sleep :)

Discomforts:
-extremely nauseous (because of wheat grass)
-tiered
-dry mouth (even though I was drinking water like crazy)

Overall status:
-despite all the challenges I was able to (with the help of God and husbands support) stay strong and regain focus :)

**Edited to add**
I am not against drinking wheat grass I just took it at the wrong time :)

Now for todays card which I thought was very fitting with my post.

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's Kraft, Off White Linen
Stamps: Inkadinkado, All Night Media (Spaltter Pattern), PTI's Damask (for sentiment)
Ink: PTI's Vintage Cream, Palette Burnt Umber, Versa Color Pink Opera
Other: Mini Pearls

No comments: