Thursday, August 27, 2009

Early Bird

Happy Thursday :)

I just bought a few Recollections Stamp sets: Don't bug me, Zoo-licious and the one I used for todays card Winter Wonderland. They are $6.99 @ Michael's (plus remember the 40% off any item coupon) Only reason I'm sharing this is because I am a bargain shopper and I get excited when I find things I like at affordable prices :0) There are a few more stamps I have my eye on but I have to budget myself. We can still spend alot on bargain priced items ;)

Now for the fun stuff. I made an early x-mas card with one of my new sets. Very simple card but again if you follow my blog you'll realize that I like simple and clean designs. I used a smaller than usual base for my card simply because it was in my scraps stash (actually all the pieces in this card are from my scrap stash) the little corner at the upper left is an old little trick where you cut out a heart and fold it even. I just did this because I felt the card was a little off balance if you know what I mean. I used my white gel pen to create a little snow border on top of the pink striped strip of paper. And as for the sentiment it is handwritten. I'm in desperate need of some sentiments particularly quotes. That will be my next bargain hunt :) Anyway that's pretty much it for this card. Pretty easy, huh!!

Thanks for stopping by and remember Back to Genesis 003 next Wednesday here on my blog :)

Have a great day!!!
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's Kraft, Spring Moss, Carolyn Gavin pattern paper
Stamps: Recollections Winter Wonderland (sentiment is handwritten)
Ink: Memento Pear Tart, Burnt Umber
Other: Stickles, white gel pen

2 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute Jessica. I loe the colors you used on this... and that snow! So cute.

Amanda Reddicliffe said...

This is such a beautiful little card. Love it!