Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little Detail


I love giving gifts. Especially since I'm a bit shy a handmade card or gift is the perfect medium for me to communicate how grateful I am.
For todays post I have a card I created as a gift for a special someone using my recently purchased Solidago Sprig stamp (it's an oldy but with so much class). I had my eye on this one for a while. When I received my 50% off coupon I knew it was time to make the purchase :) Can any of you relate?? *smiles*

The card turned out better than I envisioned it. Even though it is a Spring sort of card I had to give it try. To pair it up as a gift, I bought Bath & Body Works room spray Lavender Chamomile, have any of you tried it?? It has this lovely fresh, clean and subtle scent that can be used all year round :) Perfect gift for a special hostess, or going away gift for college students even to treat a special girlfriend (which I will do) or yourself. After all friendship and caring is all demonstrated in those little details, right.

Hope you have a great jumpstart to your week. Looking forward to sharing more creations and another Back to Genesis.

Have a great day!!
Jessica

Material:
Cardstock: Recycled bulk off white, PTI's Plum Pudding
Stamps: Solidago Sprig Rubber Stampede, PTI's Mixed Messages
Ink: Palette Lavender Sachet, Martha Stewart's pink geranium for details
Other: Ranger's Distress Ink frayed burlap, Stickles Star Dust, Tombo Marker 076 to trace branch

6 comments:

DottyJo said...

This is really beautiful, so elegant and feminine! Jo x

Courtney Baker said...

This is beautiful. And such a great idea to pair it with the room spray!

travelingmama said...

This is absolutely stunning! Wow! I keep scrolling back up for another look! How did you do your flowers?

Randee E said...

Gorgeous card once again Jessica! reminds me of an art print :0) Very old worldly.

Meredith said...

I think this is so beautiful! It looks like a painting on canvas!

Maile Belles said...

Wow!!! This is beautiful!