Saturday, September 5, 2009

Before My Very Own Eyes


For today I wanted to share another birthday card I created using my favorite paper pad (for now) by Carolyn Gavin. This card is for my sister who's turning 11. I wanted to keep the card simple and fun especially since I am pairing it with a few little special back to school items I've had my eye on for a while.

The background was inspired by Kwerner's project found objects. I thought maybe I can find an object too. Well I didn't have to look far it was right there on my craft table. It was my ink pads from Martha Stewart so needless to say I used that for my background ;) Think of all the shapes jand possibilities just using ink pad containers.

Inspiration comes from anywhere truly we just have to look. Sometimes it's right there in front of our very own eyes.

Have a happy and creative day.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, K&Company Patterned Paper (Carolyn Gavin)
Stamps: G Studio
Ink: PTI's Vintage Cream, Palette Burnt Umber
Other: corner rounder, scalloped scissors, Martha Stewart ink pad lid, stapler, Stickles for mini birthday cake

1 comment:

Maile Belles said...

This is too cute!!! Love the hand made background (so clever) and all the rounded corners! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such sweet comments!