Saturday, September 12, 2009

Come and Be Still


The morning is bright and cool. My little girl is sleeping and my husband is reading in the bedroom. The stillness can be felt all throughout the house and the invitation I hear is, "Come unto me all who labor and are heavy burdened and I will give you rest".

There's nothing like taking the time to cease all your doings and lay back and enjoy all that the Good Lord has done for us. From the most simple yet necessary things like air to the most delicate flower that delights our eye. Thank you Jesus for such invitation. I delight in His handiwork and am blessed.

Have a lovely day and take time to lay back and enjoy what you see. After all you might catch a glimpse of heaven.

Blessings,
Jessica

Card:
For today I have an *extremely simple card I created using the most adorable little pom pom ribbon. I found this one at my local Scrapbook shop.
I first cut and scored my base cardstock and stamped the grid using Guide Lines I then used my tracing wheel and followed each line to create a stitched effect (easier than piercing) I cut the three pieces of cardstock (the patterned one, the light blue and the brown) I adhered them to the together and used my corner rounder on the upper right. I then taped this unto another piece of cardstock a darker tone of blue and used my corner rounder on that piece as well. I placed the brads and glued the ribbon and finally placed the sentiment (sticker). I finished of by distressing all around the edges.
*when you have selected all your scrap pieces

Materials:
Cardstock: Basic Grey, PTI's Aqua Mist and Chocolate, Bazzill Lagoon Blue
Stamps : PTI"s Guide Lines
Ink: Versa Color Umber, Frayed Burlap
Others: Pom Pom Ribbon (I can find the manufacturer) Sticker, brads, tracing wheel, corner rounder

2 comments:

travelingmama said...

A very good reminder for all of us. I live for those precious moments of solitude with just Him! I love your card too- that paper is so cute with the pom poms!

Winter said...

This is so true! Thanks for the reminder! The card is so cute! I love the idea with the tracing wheel, I will have to try that! :)