Monday, September 21, 2009

Embellish Color Challenge 1

Today I have a card I created for Embellish Magazine's color challenge Polka Dot Parade. Embellish is an e-magazine that will provide loads of ideas, techniques, tips and tricks on how to create fabulous projects. She (Ashley Canon Newell) will also include a video (tutorial) on how she creates her own cards at the same time providing helpful tips. Keep an eye out because Embellish Magazine is launching its first issue on December for only $3 per issue. From now till launching day the crew over at Embellish have some fun challenges awaiting to be revealed. So go visit Embellish Magazine and be inspired :)

Now for the colors for this first challenge... aren't these simply gorgeous. All I can think of is full blown autumn hues in the house and I'm loving it :)


Okay now for my creation. I created a Happy Harvest card. I have so many friends that are getting ready to jar a variety of fruits and veggies. So I thought this card might be appropriate for them :)

Create it:
  1. Pre-scored A2 size Martha Stewart Off White cardstock
  2. Stamped the Polka Dot Border with my new Color Box Amber Color
  3. Place tape (painters green tape for delicate surface) over the polka dot impressed image and above (a little less than a 1/4 in.) then color in with Versa Color Burgundy pigment
  4. With tape still in position stamp 2 flower images ( bottom right) one with Palette Raw Sienna the other with Color Box Amber. Remove tape carefully.
  5. Stamp image in Burgundy, Amber and Raw SIenna on a separate sheet of paper and cut out different dimensions of the flower the adhere one on the bottom left and pop up the others as seen on card.
  6. Stamp Swirl on corner and preferred sentiment. Finish with Stickles for texture.


Hope you enjoy today's creation. I love these challenges. Especially because they not only challenge you with some fun color combos but they add an element as well :)

Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart's Off White
Stamps: Inkadinkado, Imaginisce, TPC Studio
Ink: Palette Raw Sienna, Color Box Amber, Versa Color Burgundy
Other: Stickles (Yellow, Frutty) Painters Tape (from Home depot) pop up adhesive, scissors

11 comments:

Maile Belles said...

This is very pretty! I enjoyed this challeng as well.

Scrapping Julie said...

super nice, just the right amount of polka dots.

Simone P. said...

I love the cute flowers!

Susan aka "Crunchy" said...

So beautiful!! I love the placement of the flowers.

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card! I love the layout of it!

Vanessa said...

This card is gorgeous, Jessica! Love the flowers and how you placed the swirl!

Hugs,
Vanessa

tiffguam said...

Oh wow! Your card is so pretty!

Courtney Baker said...

This is so pretty Jessica! I love how the flowers start from the bottom line and jump out at you! So cool

sarahmartina said...

I love the glitter you used Jessica! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish! :-)

Winter said...

So cute! I love the flowers! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Thanks so much for joining us in Polka Dot Paradise!