Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Christmas

Hello, hello!!! Hope your Tuesday has been productive :) Mine has been very very busy. I am sorting my little girls old clothes (I have lots) getting it ready to sell. So I've been pairing, hanging, printing, tagging and storing in boxes all those little clothes. Mind you every now and then I sigh and remember when she used to fit them. Memories.... what a blessing :)

Anyhow, for those of you who know of or have little children my friend just introduced me to Just between Friends. It's a huge consignment event that happens twice a year. They have them at around this time of year. If you're a penny pincher you might want to check it out (see there website for locations) I don't get paid or any perks for promoting this. I only share it because I think it's a neat idea. With our little ones growing so fast it's nice to be able to sell moderately used clothes and make some money to buy some fitting ones :)

Now for the fun stuff!!! I have yet another X-mas card to share with you. I made this one like 5 years ago (yeah, I know it's an oldie). It's one of the first cards I ever created. In fact, it's my first christmas card. If you notice there is not a single stamped image if I recall correctly I think I only owned 2 single stamps and one ink pad (black). That's because I was so intimidated by that technique I remember telling my friend how I would never get into rubber stamping. Over 200 stamps later I find myself banging myself for not starting sooner. Thankful however, that I did start ;) So without further a do I introduce my very first christmas card. I kept this card for myself. Maybe I'll give it away this year as an anniversary card :)

One thing I've kept through out my entire cardmaking adventure is simplicity. I guess that's who I am. I've tried incorporating layers and boy do I have a hard time creating them and when I finally finish they go to my scrap stash because they look so tacky. I really admire all of you ladies that can make awesome looking, full on decked out cards. Seriously, it's a talent!!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Hopefully by tomorrow I'll get back to the present season with fall them creations :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill (can't remember the color)
Other: Raffia white, the plastic sheet was cut from a package the rest are stickers by Stampendous. The white little snowflakes are from a punch I bought way back then from the $1 store
**The sentiment reads Best Wishes

No comments: