Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Color Craze


For today I have a festive card. I say festive because of the colors I chose. One of teh reasons I like this card is (again) beacause of its simplicity :)

Create it:
  1. Cut and score your cardstock to measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" most of my cards are done this size.
  2. Cut another piece of cardstock to measure 2 1/2" x 5 1/2. On this piece you'll add the splashes of colors. To create the background all I did was take my Martha Stewart Rainbow color ink stackables and beginning with the orange (I followed the same order they're in) you take the ink pad and glide it over your paper to create a straight thick line. You can chose to create a dark palette or light **don't press too hard or a blob of color will spill** You continue this with every color blending them at each end. Finally with my tracing wheel I created some faux stiching around borders of card.
  3. I adhered my piece of color fun to my base cardstock and am left with an empty bottom and open edge (where the background paper and base card meet) So to remedy this void I cut out a strip of Martha Stewart Coffee bean cardstock and punched out some hearts and adhered them (that deals with the open edge)
  4. To balance it off I added the same colors to the bottom of the card using the same technique as in step 2. Then added sentiment.
  5. To finish I used faux stitching with my white gel pen (Kristina's wonderful idea).
Lot's to accomplish today. Homemaking, catch up with craft and photo editing tutorial (which I so desperately need) Hope you have a lovely day!!

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardsock: Basic White, Martha Stewart Coffee bean
Stamps: Happy birthday (no name)
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Martha Stewart's stackable ink pads (lilac, forget-me-not, stem green, pink geranium, red chrysanthemum, mandarin orange)
Other: Tracing wheel, white gel pen (Gelly Roll Med)

3 comments:

Craft u Crazy said...

WOW, lovely card. the colours are sunning.

Hugs
Adele

Anthonette said...

Love it, Jessica!

Winter said...

WOW! I love this! The colors are so bold and pretty! :)