Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy 3

I made a card for my little girl who just turned three. I know it's not your typical birthday card especially for a three year old but for the last 2 years instead of collecting figurines I've created birthday cards and framed them for her to enjoy and read later on. I try keeping them small so they don't take to much wall space as they add on. It adds such cute decor to her room :)

She really loves this little lady bug and so do I. The stamp set is from Recollections. I got it at Michael's and totally love it. It's an extremely simple design- just cute bugs. I simply stamped the lady bug and the rest was added in with my Crayola color pencils. I then finished it with a rub-on sentiment. How fun is that!! If you like to color or would like to learn (which is where I'm at) then this stamp set is a must.

I think I'll be creating more of these. The first thought that crossed my mind was a memory game. Right?!?

Anyhow, hope your Tuesday is going well. I'll be back tomorrow with another creation.

**Today I found out I won some crafty goodies over at Moxie Fab. Thanks Cath I am so thrilled. This is the very first time I win something. I am not kidding!! Can't wait to get creative with my paper :)

Blessing,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill Silk, PTI's Pure Poppy, and bulk white
Stamps: Recollections Don't Bug Me
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Tim Holtz frayed burlap
Other: Rub-on Pink Paisle Captivating, Crayola color pencils

3 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

This is gorgeous - GORGEOUS Jessica! I love the idea of framing the cards... especially when they look like this! So cute!

Winter said...

So cute! I have gotten a couple of the Recollection stamp sets, but there are so many more I like and want! The images are a good size, which I like! I don't know if you know yet, but you won something over at Moxie Fab! Congrats! :)

Craft u Crazy said...

That is so cute, she will love it. I love it. How cute is that bug.

hugs
adele