Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's a Birthday!!

Birthdays are a great excuse to get you creating. I have a few birthdays coming up so most likely you'll be seeing some of those creations here on my blog ;)

Todays card is very simple. The color combo was inspired by a card I created (see here) a while ago for one of Raspberry Suites' color challenges.

A little while ago I created this cute little birthday hat. Today I'm finally putting it into use. To create it I cut out a triangle and then for the border and pom pom I took a strip of cardstock (about a 1/4 in.) and with the tip of my scissor I cut little slits all the way to the end (make sure not to cut to deep or it will break). For the border I simply folded the strip and with my finger nail ruffled it a bit. For the pom pom I rolled the strip then spread the little strands flat. Then for some fun I added a bit of shimmer. Hope this makes sense :)

Thanks for visiting. Hope you found a bit of inspiration :)
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado & Raspberry Fizz & Distress ink (frayed burlap)
Stamps: PTI's Guide Line
Ink: PTI's Spring Moss, Palette Belle Rose, Adirondack Lettuce
Others: Stickles, tracing wheel

1 comment:

Anthonette said...

Such a stunning clean and simple card! Good job, Jessica.