Friday, September 18, 2009

A Longing



Today's card is a little too summer-ish. I thought I'd post this one simply because the weather here in my side of the world was 99 degrees. Yeah, today!!! It's a little difficult to create autumn themed cards with this heat. I'm not complaining I'm just enjoying the heat while it's here.

Though I must say I am longing for some change.

I'm longing for the trees to surrender there foliage. For the harvest to take place. For those moments when the breeze is enough to send us inside to warm up with a drink or better yet with our loved ones.

I long for my woolly scarf and long comfy jeans. I long for those quiet moments when I'm reading and am startled by the sudden breeze. Especially when I catch a glimpse through my window and see the Autumn leaves falling like confetti all through out the street.

Till then I'll wait patiently and enjoy each day to the fullest :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill brown, PTI's Pure Poppy, Paperzone White Linen
Stamps: PTI's Green Thumb
Ink: Versa Color Celadon, Bamboo & Split Pea, Martha Stewart's Red Chrysanthemum, Palette Burnt Umber
Other: Water color pencils, pop-up adhesive
**The card measures 3 1'2 inches**

3 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

This is so cute. I never got this set, but I just think it's such a great one. I need to add it to my collection.

99 degrees? Where do you live girl?

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is really pretty! your technique is so painterly. I just bought some felt strawberries at the craft store the other day. was thinking I'm either way late or way early for summer fruits.

Purple D said...

Lovely card!