Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moxie Fab Household Item Challenge

Today I have a card I created for The Moxie Fab Around the House Challenge. I just love each and every challenge I've participated in. It's allowed me to venture into unexplored territory and I must say I've enjoyed every bit of it.

For this challenge we had to create a card using an item or place found at home. When I was getting ready to create a little something I realized I didn't have any house related stamps so I created this cute little fan and made up a sentiment to go with it!! I would have never done that if it weren't for the challenge :)

I really like the way it turned out. I think I'll be creating household appliances next ;)

Here you can see a close up of the fan. To create it I drew 3 little propellers and cut them out. Then I used my circle spellbinder template and cut out the center of my base cardstock. I then used a back panel and there I adhered my propellers. I cut out tiny strips and glued them to the back of my cardstock and then placed the back panel to cover up all the little pieces of tape and ink disasters. To get the copper/bronze effect I simply took the cut pieces and slided them over my ink pad (old fashion I'm sure). I really like the way the color turned out. It has an aged look to it. The sentiment reads: Having you around was very refreshing (I know it's a bit hard to read).

Have a wonderful day. Hope you enjoyed today's creation and were able to find a bit of inspiration. Before I go away I wanted to thank PaperCrafts Magazine for selecting one of my cards for publication. I am so excited!! Thanks a Million Papercraft crew :0)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist, regular white
Ink: Encore Bronze, Tim Holtz frayed burlap
Other: Tracing wheel, sentiment I type on my computer, printed, cut and distressed. Spellbinder circle (large) brad

11 comments:

tiffguam said...

Oh man! If you don't win I'll just die!!! This is perfect! LOVE the shading :)

Janelle said...

Oh, my goodness! That is just amazing! So creative -- way to make the challenge work when you don't have the stamps, sentiments, etc. to do it in a more "conventional" way! Very impressive...

Genevieve said...

Wow! Your fan is amazing! :)

travelingmama said...

This is just as cute as it can be! Love all the detail! Thanks for the sweet note you left for me- I would love to hear more about your time in Honduras! Sounds amazing!

Suzanne C said...

Love your fan! Wow! Put's my little toaster to shame... Love the expression too!

Windy Robinson said...

Great card- nice job with the challenge!

Winter said...

Oh, this is too cute! I love all the details, you are so creative! :)

Karen said...

This is simply wonderful!

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Laura O'Donnell said...

love the card, and congrats on your pub!

Vanessa said...

Amazing card!

Hugs,
Vanessa