Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 17

Good day to you all!! I am so excited for another Color Challenge hosted by Dawn. She has the most amazing and daring color combos. The great thing is I haven't seen a card or project not work well with them :)

Here are this weeks colors. Aren't they great!!


Now for my creations. I made a couple of simple cards. I must say I could've kept going with these colors but a girl needs to leave some creativity for other colors too ;) The first card I have has a bit of elegance to it. I used only stamps and cardstock for this one. I think I am well pleased with the outcome.


Removed For Publication

The second card I created uses the same color scheme with a whole different twist as far as design goes. I used only stamps and one little punch out. {To create the bold red border line I used painter tape for delicate surfaces. I placed them at about 5 cm. distance then with my pigment ink colored in between the tapes}



Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a lovely day!! Maybe you can fit in a little time for this challenge too ;)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials: CARD #1
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink's kraft, pure poppy, aqua mist and dark chocolate
Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Out on a Limb, Stampology Fine & Dandy
Ink: Martha Stewart Red chrysanthemum, Sea lavender, Palette burnt umber
Other: distressing around border done with burnt umber

Materials: CARD #2
Cardstock: PTI's aqua mist, kraft
Stamps: Martha Stewart Baby announcement set, TPC Studio Patterned borders
Ink: Palette burnt umber, red chrysanthemum
Other: distressing done with burnt umber

15 comments:

JESSICA said...

Great cards, Jessica! Me encanta tu blog!!!
Saludos desde Puerto Rico,
Jessica

Inspired Scrapper said...

Very cute card

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Really love these cards! Great job on the challenge!

Melissa said...

Love that first card- very elegant!

Terri E. said...

Both cards are so clean and graphic. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Windy Robinson said...

Jessica, These cards are fabulous! I love them both:)

Winter said...

Oh, these are so cute! The colors are so pretty! :)

Purple D said...

This is SO precious! Love the simplicity and the focal point. My kinda card! :)

Rose said...

What sweet cards! I love the sentiment on the first one and the second is just adorable!

Brenda Weaver said...

great cards! Thanks for sharing!

Alyssa B said...

That top one is to die for. ahhhhh perfection!

Sheila said...

The first card is awesome, so ellegant and the second one is so cute. Great job!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous cards! Love that they are cas and very beautiful at the same time :)

Journeymark Cards & Gifts said...

Hi Jessica,

I love these cards. So sweet and elegant!!! Great job!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the details on the first card and the second card made me think of a teddy graham! So CUTE!