Monday, September 28, 2009

Vegan Carob Cake with Dark Chocolate Raspeberry Ganache


Here's the recipe I mentioned way back when ;) Sorry it took me so long. I thought I had a picture of it. Anyhow, without any further delay I 'll share with you this super easy yummy delight.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour (1 1/2 c. whole wheat + 1 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
2 cups of sugar (one works)
2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup Carob Powder (cocoa works fine)
2-4 Tbsp. Pero Coffee Substitute (if your using carob powder)
3/4 cup oil (1/3 cup oil + 1/3 cup applesauce)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 3/4 cups soy milk (Silk is good)
1-2 tsp. Vanilla extract

Procedure:

Mix well all dry ingredients in a bowl. Create a well in the center and pour in wet ingredients. Mix well enough to get all ingredients incorporated. If you mix to much the less fluffy your cake will be ;) Bake in an ungreased pan at 350° F for approximately 30-35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before frosting.

Now the yummy part. The frosting!!! I made a simple eye % butter frosting. Which is add some some soft butter (I use Earth Balance non-hydrogenated). Add some vanilla and then add gradually powder sugar till it reaches the perfect flavor and consistency.
As for the Raspberry Ganache filling I melted in (the microwave) a few (5-6 squares) of Ghirardelli Raspberry filled Dark Chocolates (those are my favorite) then to add more texture added a couple of tablespoons (depending on the size of the cake) of butter frosting to it. Pretty simple, huh!!!

Here's the only image of the actual cake I made (please don't look at the decorating that's why I make cards ;) My little girl loved it and she still talks about it.
**The crumbs around it is taken from the same cake. I cut it to make it round (because all I had were square pans) then I processed it and made it into crumbs**

Blessings,
Jessica

Any questions regarding this cake please do not hesitate to ask.
The first image is not the cake I made. It looks just like it though when just baked.

2 comments:

Craft u Crazy said...

yum yum, going to make it tomorrow... My kids are 22 and 19, but I promise you one thing, taste buds never grow up...

Hugs
Adele

Winter said...

Oh, what a cute little girl you have there! :)