Monday, October 12, 2009

Cardboard Craze

Hi Blogger friends!!! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was laid back and just simple family time. It was perfect. I was needing that :)

For today I have a creation using cardboard. Lately there's been a craze for cardboard creations in paper crafting world. There are so many great creations out there. So I didn't want to miss out on the fun. So I thought I'd give this a try. Needless to say I'm in love. For one it is inexpensive, secondly it's totally eco-friendly and lastly it's rustic looking. Perfect combo for a paper crafter :)

I received a package on the mail and the moment I saw it I knew there was potential. I peeled away and this piece is what I was left with. The possibilities, endless!!!

For one of my creations (I'll be sharing some more through out the week) I simply cut out a frame using one of my Spellbinder die cuts. I really like the simplicity of this card and the colors though untraditional I think are fun and would work for christmas (especially for those relatives that live in the Caribbean :)


Hope you found this inspiring!! What eco-friendly and/or inexpensive things are you trying to incorporate on your projects lately?? I'd really like to know ;)

Hope your Monday is going well!!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Paperzone off white Linen, Bazzill lavender, Martha Stewart Coffee bean
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: Cardboard remnants, letter chipboard K&Company, flower lasting impressions, brad

8 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Very resourceful and Very Merry!!! Like the unconventional colours.

Rose said...

What a CUTE card, Jessica! I LOVE this cardboard idea. I'll have to give it a whirl myself! :)

Deanna said...

Beautiful Jessica!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great!! I love the look of that corrugated cardboard! I found some a while back in a stash of scrap paper. I have kept some packaging since then so I have some that I need to use! Thanks for the inspiration and for your kind words on my Gradient cards! :)

sarahmartina said...

WOW! Gorgeous! I need that die! :-)

Vanessa said...

Wow, very inspiring! Gorgeous card!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alyssa B said...

So clever, Nice card too!

Laura B. said...

ok, I love your cards, yes, I do!