Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Color Me Boysenberry


**I'm glad Cath from Moxie Fab World has chosen plum (color) to be the focal inspiration for her next challenge. I've been in that color hue for quite sometime now... and loving it. Please go and visit her post, it is pure elegance ;)

Lately I've been loving purple!! Boysenberry to be more exact. I have a scarf, a sweater and I got this great cardstock and ink a while ago and it is now that I'm actually enjoying it :)

This is a very simple design (again). I used deep boysenberry ink to stamped both images (the mint leaves and the tag) then I stamped the same image (tag) on a separate piece of card stock and cut out the butterfly. I used this butterfly as a stencil. I traced it on the same brown cardstock I used to create my faux ribbon. Then I adhered the entire piece onto my base cardstock which happened to be the same color as my ink and then with my scor-pal I traced a border for a finished, elegant look :) What colors are you loving lately??

Thanks for stopping!!! Have a great Tuesday :)
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill Vintage white, boysenberry, Martha Stewart's Coffee Bean
Stamps: Stampology Fine and Dandy, Hampton Art
Ink: Versa Color Boysenberry
Other: Scor- pal

16 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

love this! I need boysenberry!

Laural-Lee said...

Very pretty and that colour is indeed fabulous! I can understand wanting outside outside the craft room too. It brightens up those blah fall colours like brown, black and gray.

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

What a bright and a simple, yet really beautiful design. The center butterfly really catches my eye! :)

Vanessa said...

Beautiful card! Love this colour, too! My husband already complained that I only buy clothes in this colour for my little daughter lately :)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Karin said...

I love the rich color of this card and the clean lines. Perfection!

Winter said...

WOW! I love that color, no wonder why you have been in love with it! :) I love all of your cards from the WCMD Challenge too! So pretty!

Brandi said...

Jessica,
The card maybe simple but very nice! Simple = Clean!!!
Your blog is great and very inspirational!
Brandi

Sonia said...

Pretty card.. i love the butterfly image and the color too.
Beautiful and inspirational blog!!

**Sony**

Jen said...

This card is super pretty!

Julia Aston said...

Love the contrasts on your card - and the nice scoring!

Bogner's said...

I am glad you pointed out your scoring because with my lighting, I didn't notice that great detail until you mentioned it! I love this color combo! I also love your clean and simple card! Beautiful!

Laura Davis said...

This is simply beautiful!
Laura

Deanna said...

So clean & simple and pretty!

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

very pretty!! such an elegant feel!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVELY card! The simplicity is perfect to highlight the leaf pare background and your butterfly!