Saturday, October 3, 2009

Create And Recreate

What a lovely thing it is to know that when we create something, anything we are participating in a grand work. You see in the beginning God created... everything we see from the tiniest flower to the most majestic mountain, from the deepest ocean to the most breath taking galaxy... He made them all. The colors that attract our eyes the breeze that caresses our skin the sun which blushes our cheeks are tokens of love that someone somewhere many, many years ago made for our enjoyment and delight. So next time you sit down and create a little something for someone just stop and think for a moment... who knows, perhaps God (the Creator) delights in it as well and it's the very reason we enjoy receiving hand made little things. Because we are wired that way to delight in all things created ;)

Today's creation goes a little along those same lines. I love the sentiments on Papertrey Ink's Out On A Limb stamp set. Aren't they great!!! Anyhow, the colors on this card are for now my favorite (I think I change favorite colors weekly). The hues of the aqua blue, kraft, white and black make such bold, bright and elegant look, don't you think :)

Here's a closer look and some detail. I added some pearls to my little flowers just to make them a little more sophisticated. And to balance them out I added some more pearls on the border one of them I adhered to a button (flower).

Hope you have a super grand day celebrating World Card Making Day. But if you can't participate make sure you stop and look up to heaven and thank God for all His goodness.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Basic White, Sea blue (Bazzill), Papertrey Ink Kraft
Stamps: Stampology Fine & Dandy, Papertrey Ink Out On A Limb
Ink: Martha Stewarts stackable pigment sea lavender, ocean, dusk blue Palette Noir
Other: Recollections Autumn Pearls (love these), a loner button :) tracing wheel, EK Success scalloped pierced punch, black fine satin ribbon

9 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

really pretty! happy WCMD!

Anthonette said...

Happy WCMD to you too! Lovely creation, Jessica.

Are you entering your cards today in the challenges on Nichole Heady's blog? You should.

Mary J said...

Hello Jessica - only just found your website (via Chavez Designs) and wish I found it earlier! I love your designs and so professional too! I think this card is one of your best and especially the way you've used those pearls - thx for sharing!

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World!

~Cath

Cath Edvalson said...

Hey again, Jessica! I also wanted to say "thanks" for leaving a comment on my personal blog! I appreciate your kind words. Here's hoping that the spirit of World Card Making Day will last throughout the year!

Journeymark Cards & Gifts said...

Hi Jessica,

This design is so breathtaking!!! Your work is pretty incredible. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog and for sharing your talents with us. Many blessings!!!

Jessica

Vanessa said...

Your work is fab, Jessica! I had to become a follower! Love your elegant designs!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

So beautiful girl! Those are some of my favorite colors as well! Love them.

Oh and I checked out your etsy shop, it looks amazing. Congratulations on your opening!

kari said...

This is beautiful!