Saturday, October 31, 2009

Even TP Works!!!

Hi everyone!!! I'm really not supposed to be here. I am super busy packing (not today though, today I rest) and I have all my paper crafting items in storage. Or so I thought. I was in the kitchen strumming away with my guitar while my little girl was scribbling "songs" when all of a sudden a bright idea came up. I said to myself, "maybe I can use Moriah's markers to decorate TP for the EBTKS Challenge" (which is being hosted by Kelly Marie). I know pretty random. So the guitar was set aside and my daughter and I headed to the restroom for some TP. She took her portion and I grabbed mine and to the kitchen we went. There already on the kitchen island were these items:

When you are moving you usually have markers, paper, twine, scissors just your usual packaging and labeling stuff. So I used just that. No stamps, inks, cutting system, etc. Just what is shone in the image above. As far as cardstock, my husband had a few spare pieces in his office. So I grabbed one and off I went to get crafty.

My creation, a very, very simple TP butterfly thank you card. Now how cool is that to know you can create a card and be pleased with it using absolutly nothing from your craft stash. So there you have it a hand drawn swirl, with a hand written sentiment (I wrote it first with pencil then traced with pen) some TP and twine. A bit of marker printed polka dots and set to go :) I used the lighter to burn the edges and give it a distress feel. And I used the same pink marker to color the twine.


I don't complain for not being able to purchase new crafting goodies... I'm embracing the opportunity to think more creatively ;)

Hope you were inspired to use untraditional items for your next project :)
Happy Saturday
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: White basic
Other: pen, pencil, scissors, cement glue (the only thing I have), twine, markers (brown, pink), lighter, TP

15 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh my goodness Jessica!! This is awesome!! I LOVE it!! So glad that you were able to play along with our challenge!! You will think of toilet paper in a whole new way now! :)

Amy said...

So cute, I love it!

Deanna said...

Adorable!

Courtney Baker said...

Girl you are awesome! That is incredible that that's all you used! I love it! Way to rock some TP!

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Super cute butterfly! I love the burned edges!

Winter said...

WOW, you are creative! I love the butterfly! :)

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

That is seriously CUTE!

Vanessa said...

Cute! Love your toilet paper butterfly - so creative!

Hugs,
Vanessa

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is absolutely awesome!! I just love it! TP makes a great butterfly! :)

Thank you so much for playing along with Everything but the Kitchen Sink!

naomi chokr said...

oh my!!!1 you did good with this!!! this is so cute!!!

Karin said...

The butterfly is so clever! Great job on the challenge!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is LOVELY!

Meredith said...

This is fantastically creative!! (I once thought I was so creative because I used a plastic picture frame as a block for my acrylic stamps...HA!)

Ann said...

Cuteness! Thanks for playing along with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

Christina Smith said...

Gosh, that is so cute!!! Love those polka-dots!