Friday, October 2, 2009

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge


Today I am posting a card I created for a new challenge hosted by Courtney and some other amazing gals. The challenges will go on monthly and the theme will always be household items. For this month the call is to create anything using mail. Yes, you know how we sometimes have piles of mail on our counters or dining table. Now is the chance to look for all those pretty prints, borders and colors and put them to great use. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?!? For more info you can go here.

So here's the card I made for this challenge. And let me tell you I am addicted to reusing and repurposing so I really had a blast with this one.

This is the mail I chose to use:


And here's my creation. A simple layout using everything from this small pile of mail. The only things I used outside of this was the base card, faux rhinestone and the sentiment. The little flower was created using the envelope and the clear little piece for the address to show :)

Thanks ladies for such an awesome challenge. I'll be looking forward to another one of this kind :)

Have a happy Friday!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Basic White
Stamps: A Muse
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: unused mailed, faux rhinestone, tracing wheel

23 comments:

Alyssa B said...

That is just divine! Im in awe. Thanks for leaving such a wonderful comment on my blog, you made my day!

Beate said...

Jessica, your card looks AMAZING!!!!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Courtney Baker said...

Jessica! OH MY GOODNESS! This is AMAZING! I should have known you would have come up with something amazing, but WOW! Love it!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh and thank you so much for playing along with us!

Laura O'Donnell said...

very cool! I'm looking forward to playing along with kitchen sink, too!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

WOW...Dar-ling! I totally love how it looks!

Laural-Lee said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Love the minimal red and what you did for the sentiment!!!

Stampin' With Jessi and Rachel said...

LOVE this card! So beautiful!

KrissyLyn said...

LOVE IT!! What a great challenge...who would think that something you would usually throw in the recycling could be used to make such a wonderful card!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is AWESOME!! So glad that you could play along! I LOVE your card!! Stunning what you did with that jumk mail!! :)

Softangelkisses said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing and God Bless You!

Silvia said...

Beautiful blog Jessica. Love your cards and style.

Ann said...

This is so FAB!!! Thanks for playing along with the Kitchen Sink challenge! :D

Maricel Fabi said...

Happy World Card Making Day, Jessica! Your card is awesome! Love it!

Lynnette said...

Totally amazing card! Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along!

Winter said...

Oh, Jessica! I LOVE it! So glad you could join us for the challenge! :)

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Your card is AWESOME!! Looks so great I can't believe it is mail!

Randee E said...

I LOVE this card. So clean and graphic. I think you did fabulous at re-purposing your mail!

Heather Rae said...

I'll never look at my junk mail the same again. :) Thank you for the inspiration!

Dana Gustafson said...

Cool! I love the text as the highlight panel of your card. Really makes the reds pop!

Elise said...

THIS is so cool! Jessica, you ROCKED this, too! Such a fun challenge! I'm so delighted that Courtney and the girls put this together ~ it just such a fun and fresh idea and SUPER current: I'm just lovin' it! Can't wait to see what YOU do next!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this card! It is so fun! I love all of the text and the fun flower! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

Christina Smith said...

Jessica, you did a great job with this challenge! Your card is so cute!