Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Because... I'm Happy!!!

Yay!!! Today I'm so excited!! First thing, I woke up to a quiet cool autumn morning, then I went to my computer and found a few congrats... yes, I had won over at Moxie Fab the Not Your Regular Ruffle Challenge. And as I kept reading I found a blogger friend had left me an award. Thanks Amy!!!

So like I said I am off to a good start today (despite all the hecticness around here).

The card for today was inspired by an image I found over at old soul new heart. I just love this girls creative and beautiful hair accessories. Don't these just make you smile :)

My interpretation is a very simple design. I chose the flower as my focal point more so than the color scheme. Though I must say that's my next goal for this image.


Pretty neat, eh!!! It looks so classy but you wouldn't believe how easy it was :)

Now back to the Award. Isn't this the cutest... love it!!

Here's the rule: I need to pass this award on to five people, post on their blog to let them know I left this award, and then I need to answer a list of questions in ONE word. Here's a little about me :)

1. Where is your cell phone? Kitchen
2. Your hair? Curly
3. Your mother? Fun
4. Your father? Funny
5. Your favorite food? Bread
6. Your dream last night? Silly
7. Your favorite drink? Water
8. Your dream/goal?
Service
9. What room are you in? Family
10. Your hobby? Cards
11. Your fear? Sadness
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Colorado
13. Where were you last night? Crafting
14. Something that you aren't? Wild
15. Muffins? Ok
16. Wish list item? Stamps
17. Where did you grow up? NYC
18. Last thing you did? Read
19. What are you wearing? PJ's
20. Your TV? Somewhere
21. Your Pets? Wish
22. Friends? Bloggers
23. Your life? Simple
24. Your mood? Happy
25. Missing Someone? Family
26. Vehicle? Minivan
27. Something your not wearing? Jewelry
28. Your favorite store? Michael's
29. Your favorite color? Rainbow ;)
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? ...
33. One place that I go to over and over? Target
34. Facebook? Yes
35. Favorite place to eat? Italian

Now for the tuff part choosing 5 other blogger friends to pass this award to: Drum roll please... Our next Over the Top Blog Award winners are...






These ladies are all super inspiring to me among other awesome bloggers.


Have a great Wednesday!!! And stay tuned for more crafty goodness ;)
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: The Paper Company natural beige, Bazzill moss green, PTI's summer sunrise, dark chocolate
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Damask, green thumb (circle inside the flower)
Ink: Palette burnt umber, Color Box amber (for the circle stamped inside the flower)
Other: Nestebilities oval scalloped die, scissors

11 comments:

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Jessica, thank you so much for the award! Coming from you, I feel very honored.

Wow, your 3-D flower is gorgeous! I love your card.

CONGRATS on being Moxi Fab Challenge Winner. So awesome!

Deanna said...

Such a stunning card! Congrats on the Moxie, so happy to see your project up there too! :)

Laura O'Donnell said...

congrats on your win, it is well deserved!

Laural-Lee said...

That is such a beautiful card and congrats on your win and award. You deserve it for the amount of beauty you contribute.

Brandi said...

Jessica,
Congrats on the Moxie Fab challenge, your card was so unique!
I noticed that you were raised in NYC, wow are you far from home! I am a transplant myself from Arkansas to NY. How long have you lived in California?
Brandi

Winter said...

Thank you so much Jessica for the award! :) I love the flower card, so creative! And congrats on your Moxie Fab win, I don't know how I missed your card, I'm sorry! It is soo cute, great job! :)

Kathy said...

Congrats on your win...what a great way to start the day!! I see more wins in your future! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Just gorgeous!! I cannot believe that I forgot to wish you a Congrats this morning! I am so sorry!! I saw it while Carver was eating breakfast and he threw his milk or something (always throwing something) and never came back to Congratulate you!! Congratulations!! :)

Vanessa said...

Amazing card! Love it! And reading about you was fun!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my word that is cute, and can I just say I KNEW you were going to win the ruffle challenge. It was just such a fun creative card!

AnitaRex said...

Congrats on your win I found you from there! Love your flower card and love your blog! Looking forward to reading you!