Thursday, October 29, 2009

Little Owl

This weeks Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World's comes from Courtney. I love her designing skills. I'm so glad we ran into each other on blogger land :)

Now for the trigger... I love decorative pillows but this one is off the charts. First appeal was the color combo (I love charcoal, and all that neutral stuff) and the second appeal the little owls themselves. I knew exactly how I was going to distribute the colors in my card when I saw this cute pillow.

Now for the card... I chose a none traditional size (5 1/2" x 2 1/2") so that my focal point could be simple and not need to much embellishments, if there is such a thing ;) Anyhow, this is good when your rushing a project. The little owl is 3-D for added dimension.



I think I'll be making more cards this size. It's different and fun. Hmm, maybe I can make another one just like this one but this time I'll add a birthday hat. Now that will be a hoot!!

Thanks for visiting & have a great day!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill grey, The Paper Company natural beige, PTI's ripe avocado
Stamps: PTI'S paper tray, Hampton Art's Studio G
Ink: Adirondack lettuce, Palette burnt umber, Versa color charcoal, Ranger frayed burlap (distressing owl)
Other: EK Success border punch, corner rounder, stickles (star dust) Tombo marker for the "ground"

21 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

JESSICA THIS IS AWESOME (yes, that's me saying it in a very high pitch voice!) I love it! And I'm so glad we ran into each other in blog land too!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is so cute Jessica!! I love the size and how you stamped the sentiment... not to mention that cute owl!

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovin' this card, Miss Jessica!! tfs!!

Stephanie said...

Jessica - this is a great take on the inspiration....love those green wings :) fab-o card!!

Cath said...

OMG Jessica! I am in total moxie love over this card! You have taken the trigger and "wowed" me with your use of the colors and that stinkin' cute owl! You are moxie fab, girl! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Absolutely delightful!! I couldn't possibly love this more!!! FAB*YOU*LOUS!!!

Brandi said...

Jessica,
I love the owl! It's a "HOOT"! ;)
Brandi

dicope said...

Hello ! I love your blog !!

I want to invite you to participate in my Giveaway !!

http://myhandmadelife.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-giveaway-from-28-october-to.html

Kisses ^^

Diana

Winter said...

How cute! His wings match the pillow perfect! Great card! :)

Tiffany Heilman said...

This card is so cute! I love how clean it is and that is such a cool size.

Thanks for the award I am going to post it and my responses this weekend.

Jane said...

Adorable! love it!

Vanessa said...

WOW! This is so lovely, adorable, cute!! Love every bit of this gorgeous card! You rock, Jessica!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura O'Donnell said...

cuteness!

Karen said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. It's just perfect!

Deanna said...

Shut Up! This is gorgeous!

NinaB said...

Oh, how sweet. This is lovely, Jessica.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Such a wonderful card! I love the size and the simplicity, it is just perfect!

terisplace said...

Such a cute card, Jessica!

Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

Jocelyn said...

"owl" I have to say is...ADORABLE!!! This is great! I will try making some cards that size too. Very fun!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Congratulations for being picked over at Moxi Fab Tuesday Trigger! Indeed, gorgeous card!

Stephanie said...

This card just made my heart pitter-patter, it is so DARLING!!