Cath over at Moxie Fab is hosting yet another challenge. This one is The Tuesday Trigger. This weeks Tuesday Trigger inspiration comes from Kim Kesti one of Paper Crafts super talented Go-To-Gals. Isn't this image just great!!! The colors, the theme and just the fact that it's on a grid. I love pretty image grids :)
To create my card I chose the predominant colors in the image (those that stuck out to me). The small invitation card and the cake were my main source of inspiration and it's where I drew my idea for my focal point.
- Cut and score a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card. Using white card stock punch out a border and adhere to one edge of the card (think book binding). Cut a thin strip of your base card stock and glue to the border. This will help balance the brightness of the white a bit. Set
- For the cake cut out three rectangles (small, medium & large). Round each corner and adhere in the center.
- Punch out flowers in three different colors and circles (use standard size hole punch) glue the circle to the center of the flower.
- Once they're positioned where you'd like them, then adhere them to your "cake". Finish off your cake by adding stickles or rhinestones to the flowers (you can add leaves, or dry emboss you cake for a swirly texture... get creative).
- Choose your sentiment and stamp on separate piece of card stock and use foam tape. Easy enough ;)
Thanks for visiting!! Hope your week is off to a good jump start!!!
Cardstock: Paper Zone Grey Shimmer, basic white
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages
Ink: Versa Color charcoal
Other: EK Success small scallop border punch, flower punch, corner rounder, standard hole punch, stickles (fruit punch, yellow)