Friday, October 23, 2009

Not Your Regular Ruffle Challenge


Happy Friday everyone!!! I can't believe we're in for another weekend already. Is time just flying by or is it just me...

For today I have a card I created for Moxie Fab's "Not Your Regular Ruffle Challenge". This was indeed a challenge. If you know anything about my style then you know how simple most of my cards can be. I tend to shone away from too much detail. Not because I don't like it but because I don't know how to incorporate so many textures and layers and still make it work together as a master piece ;) So yesterday I took the plunge and the only thing I could come up with was this little apron card.

I really like this pattern paper. This is from a package I won a few weeks ago over at Moxie Fab (thanks again, Cath). The paper looked great on her blog.. it looks so much better in real life. It's so pretty I was afraid to cut into it. Does that ever happen to you??

Anyhow, even though this challenge really took me for a loop I am well pleased with the end result. Will I give it another try?? Not certain...

Ok, maybe :)

Thanks for visiting!!! Hope you have a lovely weekend. I'll have some more posts to share with you over the weekend.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: October Afternoon Farm Fresh
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: tracing wheel, score-pal to create ruffles

28 comments:

Deanna said...

Um stunning! Clean and simple can include ruffles, especially the box pleat!

Check out my submissions!

D

Stephanie said...

Jessica - this is absolutely fabulous!! I love the colors you chose & the idea to use an apron card :)

I totally get the same way with dp - until I realize that I'm hoarding and I start using it!

Laural-Lee said...

It turned out fabulously. TFS

Tiffany Heilman said...

I just luf those ruffles. Such a stinkin' cute card. It is so unique and that paper is lovely.

Odette said...

Wow! I love yours Jessica! Really cute! makes me want to have it with me :). By the way, thanks for your comment, means a lot coming from you talented lady! :)
Hugs,

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my word! That's all I can say. I'm off to pick up my jaw. LOVE IT!

Maile Belles said...

Adorable!!! What a creative idea!

Laura B. said...

this is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!! awesome!!!

Sharron said...

What an adorable card and such a clever idea! Love the colors too!

Paloma Gomez said...

Que linda me encanto!! se ve super Cute!! Saludos!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is so cute Jessica! You did great! I haven't played with this challenge either. I guess for the simple card people... this one is a hard one! You did great though. You may inspire me to go ahead and give it a try!

Randee E said...

This is indeed Moxie Fab!! Great carrd Jessica - love it!

marianagrigsby said...

Your card is fabulous! Great idea!!!

Vanessa said...

This is fantastic! So clever and creative!! I am a paper horder - I am always afraid to use beautiful paper and spoil everything! But now I make myself use those papers - I told myself that it is nonsense to wait for special occasions or projects:)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Sonia said...

Adorable card!!! Cool idea! ;)

**Sony**

Amy said...

This is so cute!!! I LOVE it!

Debbie Olson said...

This is fabulous! I adore your little pleated skirt!

Cath said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! I'm so glad you found a fun use for your prize! :)

Amy said...

Jessica, I am so glad you won! It is such a gorgeous card! I have to admit, I thought it was a hostess gift bag and not a card originally. Being that it's a card, even MORE of a WOW - how did you do that wrap around effect?? It is simply fab! Congrats!

deana said...

Totally adorable card! :-)

terisplace said...

Hi Jessica!
Um, man. I don't just adore this card. I ADORE this card. It makes me smile big!
Congrats on the Moxie Fab win. I had to come by after seeing it! :)

Take care,
Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

Lulu said...

Such a gorgeous card!!! :)

Scrapamum said...

I saw this posted on Moxie Feb World's blog and WOW! I had to come check out your blog and say what an amazing card you did. If you are willing to share I would love to know how you made this. It is so adorable!

Anthonette said...

It was so nice to see you were one of the Moxie Fab winners. Awesome work, Jessica!

Also thanks for the blog award. I appreciate it.

Rose said...

WOW!! This card is sooo ADORABLE! Congrats on being a Moxie Fab winner! :)

Maile Belles said...

Congrats on your win over at Moxie Fab World! Your card if fabulous.

Amy said...

Jessica - did you see this card featured at U Create in the Creative Card section!?? Congrats!

sweetjeanette said...

From an "apron addict", I've got to say I LOVE that card!!! Great job!!!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com