Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh Boy, Not Blue!!!

Today's card was a bit challenging not because it is a complex design but because of the color I chose to work with. Baby blue is the hardest color for me to use. It just doesn't get my creative juices going at all. So I set myself up for a challenge. I browsed through my pile of card stock and this blue was just sticking out. Because I've been neglecting it for so long now it seems to be in abundance. As my favorites decrease my least favorite tones increase... you know what I mean, right??

When I find myself in a color rut I always turn to neutrals {that's my comfort zone}. With this challenge it was no different. I am not a brown and baby blue fan I prefer brown and aqua or brown and teal there's a slight difference in the tones that are appealing to me. Anyhow, baby blue it was. So I cut the base and oh how many times I wanted to change it but I kept to my challenge (finish all this card stock). Finally I settled for this:


Not bad, eh!!! I think all my christmas cards or at least the bulk of them will be this color. For two reasons- one, I need to get rid of it ;) and two I think this color scheme works pretty good for christmas. Are there any color you just don't dive into simply because they don't appeal to you or because you despise them?? Have you tried creating anything with them lately? Please do share I'd like to know.

Maybe baby blue isn't that bad after all. It takes some motivation and a little inspiration to create something that'll please the eye and when that happens... Oh boy, watch out!!! Because it might just become a favorite. I'm not quite there yet ;)

**For the embellie I used recycled cardboard a very inexpensive way to add details to your cards**

Hope your day is full of pleasant surprises!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart coffee bean, Papertrey Ink Spring Rain
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages, rubber soul (mittens)
Ink: Martha Stewart forget-me-not, Palette burnt umber
Other: tracing wheel, cardboard, Nestabilties die cuts scalloped circle and circles, scor-pal

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love this colour combo! I have been neglecting purple, it is so "heavy". Do you know what I mean? Your card turned out great, I love the recycled cardboard piece! Btw, I just read in your profile that we have some things in common... Love cooking, we are Vegetarian and have a little daughter (15 months). And cardmaking of course!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Craft u Crazy said...

The card turned out just wonderful. I must agree with you though - baby blue is not my favourite colour to work with neither is yellow.... but like I said your card is really lovely.

Hugs
Adele.

travelingmama said...

This is just so sweet! I love the blue with Christmas! It is perfect! Hugs!

Meredith said...

This is beautiful! I love the touch of corrugated cardboard--perfect!

Jessica said...

Yellow and purple are tuff colors also to incorporate in project. Maybe we should challenge ourselves with them :)

Debbie Olson said...

Your designs are clean and fresh--you should definitely keep submitting!