Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Painters Syndrome



Besides my paper passion I enjoy painting. Not pictures on canvas or anything like that (though it's still tempting) but painting walls, cabinets, benches... you get the point. Color makes me smile. Unfortunately, I don't get to do it often. So what's a girl to do when you can't paint walls?

You paint paper!!!

For this card I used Making Memories colors. I thought it would be a fun and different way to add detail and color. I was afraid the paper would bend and wrinkle up but it didn't (Papertrey Ink card stock for ya, my favorite ;) I used a sponge and painted away in three different colors. For the embellie I made a random cut flower and finished it with a stem, leaf and button ( I would've preferred a different color for the button just to balance the colors a bit more). For the sentiment I used a rub-on.

So next time I feel an urge to open a can of paint I'll go into my craft room instead and create something a bit more simple ;)

Thanks for stopping!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Material:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink White, kraft
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Guide Lines 1, Boxes, Bags & Tags
Ink: Papertrey Ink vintage cream , Palette burnt umber, Martha Stewart deep sea
Other: Making Memories sunflower, daiquiri, nutmeg, tracing wheel, rub-on

7 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is wonderful!

Craft u Crazy said...

Its fabulous, love the colours you have painted... loving it.

hugs
adele.

Courtney Baker said...

Can you come to my hours girl? We have three rooms that need to be painted! :)

This looks great... I love the use of paint. It's so fun and unexpected!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh I love this! I love to paint as well... I am feeling the itch to repaint my whole house! I haven't painted in a while (almost 3 years)! Color makes me happy too!! Awesome card!

Anthonette said...

What a fun card. I love it, Jessica!

Winter said...

So fun! I love the color combo! :)

Vanessa said...

Love what you did with that paint! Your rooms must look fab!

Hugs,
Vanessa