Sunday, October 25, 2009

PTI's Blog Hop Challenge

I have a card I prepared for this months Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. I love christmas and everything that has to do with it. So this challenge was fun. I am also looking forward to all the inspiration :)

This is the card I made!!

Create it:
  1. Cut and score a 4" x 6 1/4 in. card stock. With a tracing wheel create a faux stitch around the edges. Set aside.
  2. For the little trees... using my nestabilties I cut out a square in and then cut again right through the center (when it looks like diamond). Then I embellished them using my faux ribbon stamp set. To add some pizazz I used my star dust pen for the small stripes and star dust stickles for the thicker ones.
  3. To create the stems I used my EK Success border punch. I cut my already scalloped strips in half to create a fuller balanced stem.
  4. Then to finish off my card I stamped my sentiment and added some bling to catch the eye.
Thanks for visiting!!! Hope you found some inspiration :)
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Paper Zone White Gold, Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon, Mixed Messages
Ink: Versa Color hot pink, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Palette burnt umber
Other: Nestabilities square template, EK Success small scallop border punch, making memories rhinestones, Ranger stickles, star dust pen, tracing wheel

29 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

these trees are too cute!

Heidi said...

Very clever! Your card is really cute!

Latisha said...

I love the way you made those trees, so cute

Jen said...

Very cool!

Natasha said...

Very cool handmade trees!

Kelly S. said...

Those are the cutest funky little trees! Awesome idea!

Deanna said...

So cute!

Diane Jaquay said...

So wonderfully unique!!

Rebecca said...

I really like the border around it, and the different sized gems under your sentiment!

BethieJ said...

Oh what cute trees!!! Great job!

Lori said...

Cute!!! I love how you did the tree trunks!!

Cammie said...

Love your modern trees. Great job!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness all around!!! tfs!!!

Michelle said...

Love these colors together - - and your creativity.

Melissa said...

What fun trees! Great job!

Bonnie said...

Love your paper crafting card! Fabulous!

Dru said...

Very uniqu - love your little trees and the colors are so pretty!

kimosabescraps said...

very cute.. love this!

Marge said...

How totally cute & fun these trees are!!! Love the colors too!!!

Lizzie Jones said...

I love that you used a non-traditional color combo. Thanks for sharing!

Sue Pardue said...

Love the colors of the trees!!! Great card.

Winter said...

So cute! I totally forgot that today was the 25th and the PTI Blog Hop! I even had some projects done for it! Life gets to busy sometimes! :)

peggysue said...

What a cute composition! What a neat project.

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the clean, simple design and bright colors.

resmith said...

Very cute!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sweet & simple! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh I love it Jessica!! So cute and so much fun! I love the colors you used... just perfect!!

Liz said...

Too cute :) This is a great way to do christmas cards when you don't have christmas stamps!

Aimes said...

What a fab idea! Your trees look great as does the whole card! Love the little sentiment with the added bling!
TFS!
Aimes
x