Monday, October 5, 2009

WCMD Challenge #2

Mexico

Welcome to my 2nd post (out of 4). To get a little background and info on these challenges you can go here.

It is so true every time I think of Mexico I think of their lovely color arrays that decorate each plaza in this wonderful country. I had the privilege of visiting Mexico a few years ago. And I loved every bit of it. From the trinkets you can find on the narrow streets to there yummy handmade multi-topping guacamole served on a stone bowl. It's a one of a kind experience. My creation was inspired by the colors in the image but also from what Nichole suggested Guide line images and tile. Here's my creation.





Hope you enjoy!!! I really liked the idea of tiles. Thanks Nichole!! I think I'll be making more tiles in the near future. I wish you could see them in real life. It looks great :)

Coming up next: India See you in a few :)

Materials:
Cardstock: Basic White
Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Guide Lines, Faux Ribbon (sentiment), Stampin' up Small sayings
Ink: Palette L'Amore Red, Lavender Sachet, Burnt Umber & Raw Sienna, Versa Color Green, Smoke blue
Other: All Night Media Liquid Glass Clear. Scor-Pal

8 comments:

Rybiooka said...

WoW beatufful card !

Stephanie said...

This is gorgeous! I still need to make my Mexico card & I know it won't be as terrific as this! Did you use the cracked glass technique?

Deanna said...

Stunning!

Karen said...

Deanna took the word away from me: stunning, it is. I'm wondering about the cracked glass, too.

Jessica said...

For my little tiles I did use the glass technique. I stamped all five images in a straight row then I placed painters tape on the top and bottom of images then I filled it in with the liquid. Let it dry over night and then cracked it by bending it. Hope this made sense :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your tiles and the colors and the swirls! Great card for Mexico!

Paloma Gomez said...

Me encanto tu tarjeta, represtenta totalmente a MEXICO! felicidades por tu hermoso talento..

Laura B. said...

just shut up! love it!