Monday, October 5, 2009

WCMD Challenge #3

India

Welcome to my 3rd post (out of 4). To get a little background and info on these challenges you can go here.

India is a country I've always been fascinated with. If you've ever visited The World Market Store you can find lots of handcrafted items many of them made in India. I love going to that place. It seems that's as close as I'll ever get to India :) I love their form of art and especially their food. I am a vegetarian and Indian cuisine has a great variety of vegetarian dishes. I have been to cooking classes to learn to cook their fine and rich flavored dishes. I in particular learned to make Punjabi plates which happens to be my favorite. Some of the dishes I've learned to cook are Eggplant Bhartha (which is an eggplant puree), Aloo Goubi (potatoes and cauliflower), Spinach Paneer (spinach puree with goat cheese cubes), Chickpea Paneer (Garbanzo beans in a rich Indian seasoned sauce), Naan (flat bread) and Pakoras (fried veggies in a garbanzo bean batter).

Anyhow, now for my creation. I was inspired by the bright fun colors the gold and shimmer on their fabrics.




Coming up next the last post for the day and final challenge #4 Australia

Materials:
Cardstock: Vintage White (Bazzill), Turquoise, Papertrey Ink's Dark Chocolate & Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Damask
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: Embossing powder gold with shimmer (stampendous), Making Memories rhinestones, Imaginisce Aladdin's Charm

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love World Market, too!! We don't have any in PA, so I make sure to visit Ohio a few times a year & World Market is always on my list :)

Just love the gold medallion - looks fabulous on the card!

Kelly Jo said...

this is beautiful!!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Yuum, you had me at the description of indian food, not to mention when I saw the card. So rich! The touch of gold is perfect!

Deanna said...

Beautiful, love the ornament-y thing!

Sonia said...

BEAUTIFUL, beautiful.. love it!!!

**Sony**