Monday, October 5, 2009

WCMD Challenge #4

Australia

The 4th and last challenge: Australia. To get a little background and info on these challenges you can go here.

Here's my final post/challenge for the day. It has been so fun to create these cards. I was super excited when I saw the countries because each one of them I've always had an interest in. Australia is no different. I am one of those few and rare girls that though girlie ;) loves reptiles. I just love turtles, garter snakes, baby alligators and my favorite (I'm not making this up I'm serious) my favorite reptile (that I've been wanting to get as a pet for a while now) is none other than the Australian Bearded Dragon. I just think it is the most darling little thing. When you look at it it seems to always have a smile and they can be quite inquisitive too :) Unfortunately, I have no stamps with lizards yet!!! If any of you know of a manufacturer that has lizard stamps please let me know :)

Now for my creation. This one was a challenge because of my limited stamp supplies. I didn't really have anything aboriginal looking except this little tree (one of a 5 stamp set I bought at Joann's for $1). to create the stitched look on the buttons I cut thin strips of the same dark chocolate cardtock with my craft knife and used it as thread :)


Thanks so much for visiting and hope you find some time to participate :)
Blessings,
Jessica

Material:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate
Stamps: I stamps, Papertrey Ink's Faux Ribbon, Making Memories Autumn Splendor
Ink: Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream, Palette burnt umber
Other: Gelly Roll white pen, buttons, scor-pal, EK success corner rounder

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think this definitely looks aboriginal - and I can't get over that you cut 'really' thin strips of paper to thread through the buttons...it looks fabulous and I'm in awe of your patience!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comment :)

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Oh, the simple trees look so nice!

Lizard stamp, that's so funny. I'd be curious, too.

Deanna said...

Oh I just love those little trees!

Karen said...

This is a very striking card; I love it.

Elise said...

Holy smokes! Jessica, THIS IS BRILLIANT! I'm so impressed and BLOWN away! I LOVE how you "solve" the little problems that pop up in your process... Clearly, a little pressure (ie. lack of supplies... colors, images, etc.) is a GOOD thing for you! FABULOUS work, dear girl!

Vanessa said...

This is perfect! Love the outlined trees and this colour combo and those cute buttons... well everything!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Craft u Crazy said...

your stuff is just so amazing. I really love this ethnic look.
(Must just be my African blood)the card is really stunning.

Hugs
Adele

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is great! I think you totally succeeded in getting the look! Great job!