Monday, October 5, 2009

WCMD Papertrey Ink Challenge #1

Today I have four posts coming your way!!! We'll be visiting 4 countries total. The hostess of this virtual adventure is Nichole Heady. And she has some fun challenges over at her blog. The challenge is to create a project (card) inspired by a specific country. Whether it be it's colors or unique design. The countries are: Japan, Mexico, India & Australia. We have till Tuesday, Oct. 7, 7 am. That's the deadline so if you haven't come up with anything yet you should really get crafty because they have some great goodies for the winners. Happy creating!!!

Challenge #1 Japan

For my first creation I was inspired by the colors. I love Japan and I dream of the day I can visit this fascinating country. My wish is to visit during their Spring. To enjoy the bounty of color hues the season brings. I had a foretaste of what it'd look like when I lived in British Columbia, Canada. Springs their are full of cherry blossoms, magnolias, dogwood and many other bold, bright flowering trees.

Here's what I came up with for this challenge. I was inspired by the 2nd upper image in the grid. The colors are great. I don't think I'd ever come up with these if it weren't for these images :)




I'll see you in a little bit with my take on challenge #2 Mexico :)

Material:
Cardstock: Basic White, Papertrey Ink's Pure Poppy & True Black
Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb, Little Lady
Ink: Palette L'Amore Red & Noir, Versa Color Cinnamon
Other: Staedtler Liner .05 Black, Stickles Star Dust

2 comments:

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Lovely! The flowers are so delicate!

Deanna said...

Beautiful Jessica!