Saturday, November 7, 2009

All Ruffled Up!!!

Hello friends!! Lately theirs been a craze for ruffles and I've been caught in that wave. I think they're cute, girly and fun!!! I must say they can be quite intimidating especially when it comes to incorporating it into your paper crafting projects. I know I was ;) The good thing is ruffles are versatile. They can be used as a ribbon, you can make it into a flower. Perhaps you like creating a chain I personally created about 25 little ruffle dots (using my 1" circle punch) and with them made this super fluffy heart :) I'll take a better pic later when lighting is better and I'll also add a close up shot :)



When it comes to creating ruffles I've found tissue paper to work best, for a couple of reasons, first it's light weight and second because it's pliable (very affordable too)... you can bend it, scrunch it, twist it, curl it, fluff it, slice it, layer it, etc....

So, if you haven't created anything with ruffles give tissue paper a try. Remember your imagination is the limit :)

Have a great day!!! Take time to rest and contemplate in all the good things God sends your way and while your at it thank Him. I know I can always use a little more gratitude in my life :)

Have a super great weekend!!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's spring moss, ripe avocado, hot pink tissue paper
Stamps: PTI's Out On A Limb
Ink: PTI's spring moss, Palette burnt umber
Other: EK Success circle punch, tissue paper

9 comments:

Amy said...

Jessica, I LOVE this! I love tissue paper, too, and you know what, newsprint works really well, too! Beautiful card - love the colors!

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

That is truly amazing! The heart just pops out!

naomi chokr said...

ahhhh no way this is just gorgeous!!! good idea!!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous!! Love that ruffle heart, so creative!

Laural-Lee said...

What a fab idea. Another great way to use my 1" circle punch. TFS

Rose said...

Jessica - what a beautiful take on the ruffles! Love that heart. The tissue paper really makes it look so pretty!

Leslie said...

Very cute! I've seen this same idea on a shirt! Great job!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the ruffles and the colors are beautiful! And Praise God, He is wonderful to us, isn't He?! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow... this gets me thinking maybe you could do this with TP too. Okay... my mind is obviously on the EBTKS challenge! This is way good.