Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Celebrate!!

Hi girlies!!! Do you have something to celebrate!?! I made this card because today I'm celebrating the gift of life, friends, loved ones and a place to call home :)


My creation for today is simple. Lately I've been trying to incorporate pattern paper on my cards. For me this is a real challenge. Whenever I experiment with it I always end up with a deconstructed card needless to say unsatisfied. So I have given myself a few challenges. One is to create cards using pp as my focal. The other is to use up those colors that end up at the end of my cardstock pile because they aren't as appealing :)

I'll be back tomorrow with some more fun Sassafras creations!!!

Hope your day is full of many blessings!! Especially those little ones that God hides in the simplest and most unexpected place ;)

Hugs,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: basic white, Making Memories mat stack black & white
Stamps: PTI's Damask (sentiment)
Ink: Pallet Noir
Other: felt flowers, rhinestone Creative Cafe

5 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I like it! Isn't if fun to push yourself to do new things! Can't wait to see what else you do!

Softangelkisses said...

How pretty! I need to incorporate some patterened paper into my projects more as well! thanks for sharing your wonderful work!

Kelley Eubanks said...

I think you have done a terrific job with your pp... beautiful card!! I was thinking the other day that I really want to try hard to use up my stuff before buying new stuff... I have so much pp but, like you, find it hard to use! It is funny how I am always so drawn to the latest and greatest paper and then won't use it! Silly really!

Winter said...

SO PRETTY! I love that paper! I have so much pp, and it is hard for me to use it too! I wonder why? I love the stuff though! :)

Vanessa said...

You do so well with the patterns! Love your beautiful card! I have to use this die more often...

Hugs,
Vanessa