Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cherish Today

Time seems to be flying!!! It's already Thursday!! Next thing you'll know it'll be Thanks Giving then New Years and then Spring will be here again, phew!!! At least that's the way it seems like when you look back at it. I guess my point is cherish today. Savour the moment and live it to the fullest. We are not promised tomorrow. Today, however, is a gift that we get to create. Make it the best :) Put God first and pursue your dreams, fearless for He is your strength and has promised to, "be with you till the end".

I just needed to get that out of my chest this morning :)

Now on to the crafty stuff, shall we?!? I created a card using the fearful and most challenging pattern paper ;) You'll know what I mean if you've been following my blog lately. Pattern Paper and I seem to be antagonists we work against each other. Now don't get me wrong I love that stuff it just doesn't seem to love me back. It's always a challenge to use. So I've given myself the task to use up my pp simply because I have way too much and there's also so many cute ones coming out that I can't purchase because I already have this huge stash of oldies. Mind you if we follow this thread it is in fact a vicious cycle, ONE WE ALL LOVE!!!

Well I took my pp I've forgotten now which line of paper this one in particular belongs to it was very popular a few months ago. Anyhow, I had pp that needed to be used and my bella stamps. Are any of you into Bellas?? When I lived in Canada I bought like 7 of them. I think they're so cute. I've only used 2 so I pulled out this birthday Bella for todays card. What do you think??

She's a full image with high heels and all but I cut her in order to fit the oval frame. I used color pencils and pattern pp to "dress" her and my beloved star dust pen (it's amazing how much detail this adds to any card in a subtle way) for the hat and the ribbon on the little gift. There's the close up so you could see teh shimmer:

I feel like this card could've used and embellishment on the upper left corner of the oval frame but was uncertain as to what. I thought tiny paper flowers or velvet but then I tried it and it looked to busy for my liking. I also thought of a small bow but again it was too busy. So I just left it plain.

Anyhow, hope you were inspired in more than one way while here. Thanks for stopping by :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill and pp (need to find out specifics)
Stamps: Hero Arts for background writing, PTI's mixed messages
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: nestabilities oval, Metallic fiber specialty paper, bronze brads, color pencils, distress sponge, star dust gel pen

9 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

great card! the crop is perfect here!

Deanna said...

Love it Jessica! You should email this to Em at Stamping Bella, her challenge for Bellariffic Friday is use an orginial BELLA!

http://stampingbella.com/blog/

Courtney Baker said...

Way cute Jessica. I'm with you on the PP. I start giving mine away after awhile. You won't believe this, but I keep all that I have stacked on my craft table (that's how little I have). It really helps keep the cycle fresh!

Jocelyn said...

very cute! i haven't seen those stamps before...I will have to do some looking around because they are so cute! you always inspire me to pull out my stuff!

travelingmama said...

I love bellas and I love your card! Thanks for the encouraging words too. Moving to another country can be terror inducing and yet I find myself just resting in HIM! If not, I'd be FREAKING out! LOL!

Heather Jensen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am having a giveaway so stop back over and put your name in.
I love this...it is so fun. I am completly and totally into lace right now on my cards.
Thanks again

Vanessa said...

This is beautiful! Love the lace and this design is great! Gorgeous, Jessica!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is beautiful Jessica!! You rocked that pp!!

Winter said...

AMEN! Today is a gift, we need to make each day count! :) Love the card, that stamp is so cute! :)