Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Christmas Greeting!!

Hello, hello!!! Hope your Tuesday is going well!!! I have a fun day ahead of me. First off my hubby, daughter and I are headed to Santana Row Shopping Center. I love going there because they have an Anthropologys and Paper Source almost right next to each other. I can't wait these are places I bring my sketch pad to because I know there's going to be lots of inspiration ;) Another store that's there is The Container Store have any of you been there? I just love that place. I love organization (even though I'm not the best at it). But here's where I got my inspiration for my craft corner. After our stop there we get to go with some friends to lunch. We are going to one of the best burger joint where they serve the ultimate veggie burger and yam fries at least that's what everyone says. I'll find out today :)

Ok!! Now unto the fun stuff and the reason your here ;) I created this fun card with the cutest little die cut angel. They had them a while back at my local craft store and I just couldn't resist them especially at .10 cents a piece. So I bought this and a few other designs. I've created some cards using them I'll post them through out this week.

So without further ado I introduce you to my little angel card :)


The angel was originally white but I used my palette L'Amore red to add this bright hue. I didn't have a christmas sentiment that would go well with the size of the felt so I pulled out my pens and wrote it myself. That seems to be a trend now a days and I really like it. I remember always looking at Kristina Werner's gorgeous hand written cards and she was my inspiration to venture out. Many others have come out with fun and whimsy hand written stamps which I love Papertrey Ink has a few sets ;) I haven't purchased them yet but they sure look fun.

Take the plunge and play with your handwriting. Trust me you'll love it :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Sassafras sweet marmalade "preserve"
Ink: Palette L'Amore red (to color the angel)
Other: fine liner marker, and basic calligraphy pen (green, red)

5 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Hope you had a great day Jessica! Haven't had a chance to comment lately since my space key wasn't working! Love your angel die cut and look forward to your other cards using it! Your handwriting is great!

Vanessa said...

Super card, Jessica! I hope your day was fab - would love to try the veggie burgers! Yumm!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura O'Donnell said...

Paper Source and Anthropologie - wow!

Love the card. One of my papercrafting goals this past year was handwriting on cards. I do it on my scrapbook pages, I don't know why I haven't been able to take the plunge on cards also. Your lil angel is adorable, and looks great in red!

Courtney Baker said...

How fun! I love your angel!

Kathy said...

Another beautiful card. That little angel is just beautiful, and love the handwriting... I am always too scared to do it!