Monday, November 9, 2009

Christmas Ornaments, Check!!

Hello, hello!!! Hope your week has jumped off to a good start!!! Things are little less stressful around here now that my DH is doing so much better (thank you for your prayers). Now that I've been in my new place for a week I think I know where and how I want my craft corner to be. So I have a mess again :) but that's all good amidst the mess are a few scraps I was able to put to good use.

That aside.

With stores all decked out with christmas ornaments and all the seasonal holiday fragrances filling the air in department stores I just new I had to create a card. This one in particular was inspired by my trip to Target last night (have I mentioned how much I love that store). Anyhow, have you seen all those glass ornaments. They are so pretty and delicate and fancy and everything that appeals to a girly, girl like me.

So, once I got home and found some spare time, I ran to my craft room (well soon to be) and began to look through the piles of scraps I've been hoarding for ages and found a few pieces that made me think of just that, christmas ornaments. Then to embellish it I used again none traditional christmas item (except for the sentiment). The stamps I used are in fact stamps I bought a while back for spring cards. It turned out to be money well spent ;) and there ya have it a fancy christmas ornament card.

To create this one I used my oval nestabilites die, a stamp for background, double sided tape for extra fine glitter, and some rhinestones. You can even use your favorite pp for this one ;) A very simple ornament to embellish your christmas cards or to create for gifts. I have two girlfriends who love making cards but just don't have time to get crafty so I'll be making a few of these for them to add to there projects in a quickie. You can finish your ornament off with string, wire or like in my case some extra fancy ribbon for a more elegant touch.


Have you made any christmas embellies lately?!? I'd love to see some. If not, hopefully this will inspire you to create some. I know you can :)

Have a lovely evening!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Paper Zone silver shimmer, light lavender (scrap stash)
Stamps: A Muse, fancy backgrounds, Stampology Fine & Dandy
Ink: Memento London Fog, Palette lavender sachet
Other: Nestabilities (oval), ribbon, double side tape, Sparklets lavender frost, making memories rhinestones

8 comments:

Julie E said...

Great idea! I really like the way you have just a little bit of the leaves showing...I will be trying that out! So glad I found your blog, very inspiring and I love how you use non-traditional items to create beautiful cards.

Paloma Gomez said...

Que bonita tarjeta, los colores y la composicion la hacen muy elegante. Tus trabajos son de muy buena calidad, saludos!!

Laural-Lee said...

This is beautiful and such a great way to use up some scrap paper and ribbon! TFS. Glad that your dh is feeling much better.

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the colors! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is gorgeous Jessica! I am so glad that your hubby is doing better!! I LOVE Target too!! They have made me so angry over return policy stuff but.. I just keep going back! :)

Vanessa said...

Great that you hubby feels better! Love your christmas ornament - just gorgeous!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura O'Donnell said...

glad to hear that your husband is well and that you're settling in to your new place.

this is a beautiful card! I haven't seen the Target goodies yet, that place is dangerous!

Courtney Baker said...

Hey just to let you know I'm so stealing this idea... hope you're cool with that! :) I love it!