Tuesday, November 17, 2009

EBTKS Sketch Challenge

Did you hear that the girls from Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge have moved to there own blog and are adding yet another challenge to the mix?!? They'll be utilizing the same concept- household items. The only difference is that it will be a sketch!!! Now how fun is that!!!

The first sketch was inspired by Courtney's own home (go check it out here) it's awesome. Here's the actual sketch.



Now for my creation. I kept the card fairly simple!! I used my Farm Fresh collection (which I love) and PTI paper to create the grid. Love how PTI colors worked so well with my pp :) It's little things like those that make paper crafting a delight, wouldn't you say? I chose this pp for my "get well" card because it has a homey feel. So the little squares wouldn't look so flat I distressed them a bit.

The little apple on the center I cut from the same pp. Then stamped my sentiment and created a tag so it wouldn't distract the grid :)


And there ya have it a simple, homey get well card :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: The Paper Company ivory weaved, PTI's orange zest, spring moss, aqua mist and dark chocolate, pp Farm fresh
Stamps: PTI's Faux Ribbon (for sentiment)
Ink: Palette burnt umber
Other: twine,

19 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Wow that's cute. Love the colors and papers! Thanks so much for playing along - your creations are always top notch!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wow... another gorgeous card.. those papers are great! I have them too and haven't done anything with them yet. I think that means that I have too much paper! I love your card Jessica!! Thanks for playing with our challenge! :)

Stephanie said...

Jessica - I love this!! The apple is so perfect ....an apple a day keeps the doctor away :)

great card!!

SCRAPGIRL : PATTY TANUZ said...

mUY BONITAS TARJETASSS, MUY ELEGANTESSSSSSSS, SALUDITOS DESDE MÉXICO!

Winter said...

What a cute get well card! I LOVE those papers! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Laural-Lee said...

I like what you did with this sketch and I love the papers that you used. The apple was a great idea for a get well card.

Laura B. said...

awesome card, love that tiny apple!hey, I passed on a blog award to you, but please please please don't feel like you have to keep up the chain blog award system or anything, I'm sure you've had a bazillion of them, but you were one of the first divas that popped into my brain, so happy blog award day to you, Jessica:)

Christina Smith said...

I'm lovin' this card! I love the apple in the center and your beautiful choice of colors!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a bright & cheerful card Jessica! You did an awesome job with the sketch challenge! :) TFS

Cindy Lee said...

Hi Jessica! Love your stuff and I'm so glad I found your blog! I will definitely be a regular visitor!

Vanessa said...

Love it! I have to make a card with this sketch! Your mix of patterns is wonderful!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Softangelkisses said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Deanna said...

Awesome card Jessica!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

What a sweet card! It gives me the "picnic" feel. It's like you want to say "get well...and come with us to a "picnic" :-)

Courtney K said...

great color combo with the little apple! this would make a great teacher card as well.

Lynnette said...

This is so great. Love the patterned papers. It's sure to cheer up whoever would receive it. Thanks for playing along

Helen F. said...

What a sweet card, love these patterned papers- this is sure to cheer anyone up!

NatQuebec said...

love it ! ItS, so nice !

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute and fun! The patterned paper is adorable and so is that apple!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at EbtKS!