Monday, November 23, 2009

The Extreme!!

Hello!! I finally have some good lighting now all I need is the photographer ;) I am in such need of a tutorial.

Well the title of this post is "The Extreme". The reason I chose it was because of the extreme simplicity of my card for today.

See what I mean :) I simply had to do it though. I've been wanting to put up some christmas decorations up and been hesitant. So to satisfy that desire I created this little card with that concept in mind and might I add I think it's convinced me of putting up some ornaments. I presently don't own a single christmas ornament. Since my husband and I've been married we've never spent a holiday at home and we've really never celebrated christmas. We've always been on a missionary trip or convention :) This year will be our first and we have no clue what to do with ourselves :)

Here's a close up of the detail. I stamped the little ornaments in bright colors then I took some extra fine wire (very easy to bend you can even cut with scissors and it won't damage them) and twisted a bit to create a garland sort of thing. I finished it off with stickles for a festive, lit up look :)


Hope you found some inspiration. As soon as I get a chance I'll post some more christmas cards :)

**I wanted to thank all of you who left such encouraging comments/emails on my "A Different Kind of Celebration" post. That meant so much to me. And the reason I chose to write about it was because I was in need of accountability I knew I would back out if I didn't have you girls. You all are truly the best. Thanks a million!! I'll keep you posted as to what happens. I feel like a little girl all excited and stuff**

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Paper Source cement
Stamp: Rubber soul
Ink: Versa Color red, canary yellow, green & cyan
Other: wire ($ store)

9 comments:

Brandi said...

Jessica,
This is one of my favorite cards of all time! Seriously! It is so simple yet so cooooooooooool!
Brandi

Deanna said...

Perfection!

Paloma Gomez said...

Me encanto, tan original como todo lo que disenas!! saludos!!

Vanessa said...

This super simple card is super brilliant! Loove it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laurel said...

Cute card!

Winter said...

So cute! I bought a new stamp and haven't used it yet, but you have given me inspiration for a card! Thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out! I pray ya'll have a WONDERFUL first 'Christmas" together! :)

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Wow, this card says it all!!

Laural-Lee said...

This card is fantastic! It's definitely got me in the Christmas holiday mood.

loni.sue said...

Jessica, as I was blurfing this morning I came across a reference to Any Shaffer's tutorial on how she takes photos without a light box. Daytime only, but I cut and pasted it into a Word document. If you can't find it on Splitcoast Stampers just email me and I'll be glad to send it. It's great! Love your work, BTW. I have you on Google Reader and check daily!