Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Gold Mine!!

Happy Saturday everyone!!! Hope your weekend is going well. Mine is pretty easy going. Not much excitement. Except church (that's always fun) and regular weekend stuff.

Todays card is very simple, but then again I love simple :) This one in particular is special though. You know when you're creating a card and you're missing a tiny piece to finish it off just right but can't figure out what it is?? That's exactly what happened to me. I knew what I wanted to create but was missing the right element. In this case it was that shimmery piece of blue paper. I looked all over, I emptied out my paper bins and nothing. I tried all sorts of things and nothing was fitting. Till I finally went to my scrap stash and it was there where I knew I had found the missing piece to my card. I have discovered that often times it is in my scrap stash where I find the best pieces for creating my embellies (which is the cream of any card) or for those tiny little pieces that will add the finishing touch to my projects. It's like a gold mine right at my finger tips :)

Here's my card!! Doesn't that shimmery blue paper add tons of detail to this card? It's amazing what something so insignificant can do. It changes the entire look of your project from dull and boring to shimmery and classy.

To create it I stamped the leaf using london fog ink then cut it out and added some star dust shimmer with my gel pen. This made a simple leaf into something more classy especially since it was going to be used as a focal point. I then took two pieces of paper (both from my scrap stash) and matted them. I then adhered the paper to the center of my base card and place my leaf right on the center. I used foam tape for some pop-up effect. To finish it off I stamped my sentiment using london fog. Pretty simple, huh!!


A card like this one is easy to mass produce. Great gift idea for the holidays. Just use assorted sentiments and background colors and you'll be good to go. I bet you can make a few sets using pieces from your scrap stash which would make it not only a simple and elegant gift but a very cost effective one too ;)

Thanks for stopping by!! Hope you found some inspiration. I'll be back tomorrow with more crafty goodness.

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: The Paper Company Ivory Weaved, bazzill elephant, shimmery blue (from the $ store)
Stamps: Making Memories Autumn Splendor, Hero Arts Written Thank You
Ink: Memento london fog
Other: scissors

6 comments:

Winter said...

I am lovin' that blue paper! I love my scrap stash too! Really beautiful card! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

That shimmery paper is perfect! Gorgeous CAS card!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Stunningly GORGEOUS is all I can say!

Deanna said...

Beautiful!

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous!! Love this card!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Courtney Baker said...

How cute. Great find with the blue paper. Oh and I love the texture on the card base! Beautiful