Monday, November 16, 2009

It's A Color Parade!!!

Embellish Magazine is hosting yet another fantastic challenge (for details you can go here). This time we're creating with primary colors {and one secondary} and we're using brads. As far as I can recall I haven't created anything with these colors and the moment I saw them I knew what I wanted to create. Love it when that happens ;)

Now to get an idea here's what they (Embellish Gals) have chosen. These images are so inspiring. Just by looking at them my fear of creating something with these colors was gone.


And now for my creation. I was inspired by the way the brads in the image above are just so beautifully and randomly tossed. So I grabbed my extra super bright cardstock and circle punch and off I went to my work station to create my version of that image. And this is what I came up with.

I just love those circles and the colors look great. It's a fun super simple card. It's bright and perfect to give for any occasion. The yellow edges on my card were created by gently sliding my paris light palette ink pad over the cardstock. In order for the circles not to look so plain I distressed them a bit and stamped my sentiment on it and added some flower stamps in order to incorporate the brads. I would've preferred different color brads but this is all I had and because all I had was that sort of brass looking color I chose as my base card ivory. So it could blend better :)

Hope this inspires you to participate on the Embellish Magazine challenge. I know I will definitely keep this color combo for future use.

Thanks for stopping and your comments are always welcomed. They are what keep this little blog of mine going :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: The Paper Company Ivory weaved, DCWV mat stack (red, blue, yellow & green)
Stamps: PTI's Little Lady, faux ribbon sentiment ("enjoy" was handwritten)
Ink: Adirondack denim, lettuce, Palette La'Amore red, paris lights
Other: brads, EK Success circle punch 1" and 1/2" fine tip blue marker

20 comments:

naomi chokr said...

shut up i love this weaved paper and your design!! this is so awesome!!!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Wow, you combined the colors in an awesome way. I'm still nervous to participate, since I'm not sure how I'm gonna combine these strong colors. But you did an awesome job!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Another Wow.... Jessica... I love this!!! Congrats on your win over at Embellish... that was a given... that owl card was the best!!

Paloma Gomez said...

FELICIDADES, tu tarjeta esta super bonita, esa buhita nos fascino!! muy original!!

Julie E said...

This card is perfect! I shy away from brights, but with just a few splashes it looks so good.

Tiffany Heilman said...

Oooh I love this. All the cirlces and the yellow painted look. Beautiful!

Laura said...

This is a very cool card! Great job.

Vanessa said...

Beautiful card!! And congrats on your Embellish Owl win! Some more goodies to play with? The plan is working ;)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Rose said...

What a fun and whimsical card, Jessica! Love it!

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is just perfect, right down to the waffley cardstock!

suzARTe said...

this card is just beautiful. So original, I just love it

Brenda Weaver said...

Love this!!!

Amy Heller said...

Super cute, I love it! And congrats on your Embellish win! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Way fun card! Love those circles and congrats!

travelingmama said...

gorGEOUS! I love the way you used the colors!!

Terri E. said...

This is such a fun and creative card. GREAT take on the challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Tammy said...

Love it! Really love how you inked the edges--gotta try that technique!

Winter said...

I love this Jessica! So pretty! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very nice layout and design, Jessica! Thanks for participating in an Embellish challenge!

Laural-Lee said...

I missed this one! It looks wonderful. I like the shades of blue and green that you used. And the inking around the edges. Fabulous and fun!