Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's A Pumpkin!!

Just wanted to stop by quickly and share a card I made for Trigger Tuesday!! Isn't this image great?!? Excellent Thanks Giving inspiration. I love every challenge Cath puts out. This one however, is one of my favorites because it's helping me have an eye for card design potentials everywhere :)


Now for the card shall we... I drew my version of a pumpkin on a separate piece of cardstock and used it as a template. Then I added lines using a brush tip marker. I traced the lines with a tracing wheel to add texture. Then finished off by cutting (freestyle) some leaves a stem and some curly vine. To embellish (here's were the trigger inspiration comes in) I drew tiny diamonds and added some shimmer. This makes an ordinary pumpkin festive in my opinion :)

On this image I wanted you to see the shimmer these little diamonds have on them :)
Little details make a huge difference.


So there ya have it, a pumpkin. I tried to create it so it could resembled some what the image. I think it turned out pretty cute. I would've left out the little diamonds on the bottom of the sentiment or maybe added something else... I was going to re-do the card but I couldn't cut anymore I have an open blister right where the scissors rest on my thumb :( No biggy though :)

Hope you found some inspiration!!!

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart's light pink, green from my scrap stash
Stamps: Making Memories Autumn Splendor
Ink: Palette burnt umbe, Ranger distress ink frayed burlap
Other: tracing wheel, light brown marker, fine point dark brown marker

21 comments:

Amy said...

WOW - Jessica - that is beautiful! Great job!

Deanna said...

Adorable!
Love it!

Jennine Chambers said...

This is amazing. I just love it!

lynn said...

this is wonderful, jessica!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh wow! Jessica, what a gorgeous card! Those diamonds are awesome!!!

Angela Fehr said...

Oh, Jessica, this is a winner! Fabulous take on the Trigger!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my goodness! This card is AMAZING! :) TFS

Laural-Lee said...

What a beautiful pumpkin. Very creative!! I like the diamonds at the bottom of the sentiment.

Vanessa said...

... and it`s perfect!! Looove your pumpkin! I can`t leave out any of Cath`s challenges! They are great!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is some black belt cardmaking!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats! This is an AMAZING creation and wonderful replicate of the picture. The recipient will be speechless when they receive this creation. Nice blog and nice cards!

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Wow Wow! Wowo! Really love this card! You are so good at these challenges!!

Lucy Abrams said...

Oooh - this really is gorgeous.

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

You were perfectly inspired!! The pumpkin looks awesome!

Maren said...

WOW!! This is amazing!!!!

Maren
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Cath said...

Wow, Jessica! This is a stunning trigger! Thanks for playing along!

Winter said...

Oh, this is Gorgeous! I love it! You have a winner here! :)

Karen said...

This is simply fabulous and deserving of the special mention on Moxie Fab!

Cheryl Nelson said...

wow!!! this couldn't be more perfect!!!

Winter said...

Congrats on your spotlight again! :)

Alyssa B said...

Woot, Woot Jessica! WTG Girl, this card is divine!