Monday, November 16, 2009

Quick Stop!!

Hi!!! Happy new week!!! Just wanted to drop by quickly to share another card I created using Sassafras' Sweet Marmalade Collection.

This card is super sweet not to mention adorable with that little ducky. What I did to create it was cut a strip of Sugary Sweet then used my EK Success small pierced scalloped border punch and adhered that strip to my already colored in based cardstock border. To color it all I did was use some painters tape for delicate surface and used my Palette ink pad. Then I cut out that super cute ducky from the coordinating side of the pp used some foam tape for dimension and added my sentiment ("girl" was handwritten). To finish off my card I added rhinestones and used my corner rounder :)

Now this card is so simple it would make a great gift for any mom-to-be you can interchange the colors to make it suitable for boy/girl or unisex :)

Hope this gets your creative juices flowing. I'll be back later (I promise) with my take of the latest Embellish Magazine Color Challenge. This challenge as all the others is really fun none traditional colors for my style but still fun :)

Be back later...
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: Ivory weaved cardstock, Sassafras sugary sweet
Stamps: Martha Stewart's baby announcement
Ink: Palette Noir
Other: rhinestone, fine tip black marker

6 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Love that little duck! Such a cute card!

naomi chokr said...

Me too i love the ducky!!

I love the new challenge too. The colors are right up my alley. Cant wait to see what you create!

Laural-Lee said...

That ducky is adorable. Love your use of white space and your handwritting is great! I don't trust mine enough to center it on any card.

Amy Heller said...

I LOVE this card!!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Jessica... this is ADORABLE!! That little duck is so cute! Gorgeous handwritten girl... and love the touch of bling! Such a great card! You really are soooo good!!

Vanessa said...

I love this adorable baby card! Super cute!

Hugs,
Vanessa