Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet As Can Be!!!

Hello everyone!! For today I have two cards I created using my new Sassafras collection Sweet Marmalade. As I mentioned on a previous post it took a little bit of staring at this paper before I could cut into it all inspired. But now I must say I am so loving it.
My creations today are a little similar as far as layout goes. I cut out some of the images and adhered it to the upper right corner of my base cardstock. The result a simple yet retro/spunky design. Love it!!!

Now that I look at this card it reminds me a little of the Wizard of Oz. I wasn't thinking of it at all when I created it. I guess the hot air ballon and the yellow strip on the border some how made me think of the end scene :) Remember how the movie ended?!? Too funny!! For the sentiment I chose black ink. I really like how it goes with this particular pp and finished it off with a small strip of yellow rhinestones. As a finishing touch I added some sparkles to paper.


Now for the second card!! I really like the randomness of it. There are so many little pieces here. At first I thought of making it a baby card (because of the little elephant) but then I made it more general using PTI's Mixed Messages ("Enjoy" was handwritten). With this sentiment it can be used for baby or anything else.

Here's a close up so you can see some of the shimmer I added (my latest go to item). Simple, fun and definitely unique card. So as far as I'm concerned from the Sassafras line Sweet Marmalade, Handmade is a hit (at least for me) now on to tackling the others Sugary Sweet, Candied, Preserve, With Love & Confection.


Hope your day is as sweet as this line of paper is!! It's breakfast time here right now and I'm so tempted to get me a a slice of toast with some preserve. I think I'll go with fig, yum!!

Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's basic craft, pp Sassafras Handmade
Stamps: PTI's paper tray
Ink: Palette Noir
Other: yellow rhinestones

Materials Card #2:
Cardstock: Paper Zone linen ivory, pp Sassafras Handmade
Stamps: PTI's mixed messages, A Muse long bars
Ink: Palette Noir, raw sienna
Other: large alpha cardstock stickers, Ranger stickles

8 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

These are really original and colourful. Love your use of stickles and your paper cutting.

Wizard of Oz is still one of my favourites.

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are both great Jessica!! I just love them... I love everything you make!! You did a great job with that pp!! :)

AnitaRex said...

Jessica I love your printing for the enjoy! Such bright fun cards, but I can't remember how Wizard of Oz ended!

Vanessa said...

Wow, that`s your handwriting??? Gorgeous! I love what you made with that pp! Super cute! And you are right - it reminds me of the Wizard of Oz, too! Enjoy your breakfast!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Winter said...

So cute! I love that paper! Your doing a great job using the pp! :)

Laura O'Donnell said...

more fun, funky cards! love these, and you've got great handwriting!

Deanna said...

Awesome little sass groupings, hope you posted a link to them!

Tiffany Heilman said...

I just love those cards. They are so fabulous! The elephant and the balloon are perfect touches.