Saturday, November 7, 2009

What A Hoot!!!

Hello!! Hope your weekend is going well!!! Mine is so so. My husband is miserably sick and I am continually disinfecting everything (praying that my little girl or I don't catch the bug) so unfortunately I have confined my DH to our bedroom. No going out unless it's to go for a walk. Don't you just hate colds and flu's and all that kind of stuff?!?

Anyhow, that hasn't kept me from going into my craft room on the contrary it has allowed me to spend more time there. My little girl and I have our desks next to each other so we get to spend time (a lot) crafting :)

For today I have a card I created for Embellish Magazine's Color Challenge. This time the element is owls. Now aren't the colors scrumptious. I just love that combo and owls now who doesn't like them?!? I know I do :)

My creation was inspired by just that, owls and the lovely colors provided. I made a little owl card. I think it turned out quite cute. Very girly ;) I used as a guide the template Ashley provide I just looked at it and drew my version of it, created a template and cut out two pieces. Then I added the super cute eyes and and beak. So it wouldn't look so plain I stamped small leaves background on both the green and brown cardstock.

Here's a close up so you can see the beak, eyes, little feet and background stamping a bit. I added a little bow for a finishing touch.


Hope you found some inspiration today!!!

Make someone smile today do something special for them... my daughter and I are going to make a card for our sick daddy and strum a few joyful tunes for him. Hopefully that'll make him feel a little better :)

Blessings,
Jessica

Material:
Cardstock: Martha Stewart's coffee bean, Paper Source chartreuse, coral pink from my scrap stash
Stamps: Fanciful background
Ink: Memento pear green, Palette burnt umber
Other: ribbon, EK Success circle punch, white gel pen, ribbon, rhinestone

23 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh My Gosh Jessica! You are too creative! You really rock out these challenges with these UNIQUE creations! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Paloma Gomez said...

Que tierna!! la buhita, que bonita idea.

Maureen said...

oh wow! this is over the top adorable!! What a great idea! My vote for What's hot!! :)

naomi chokr said...

no way this is crazy! this is so perfect and cute. i love what you created!!

Paloma Gomez said...

Hola Jessica, muchas gracias por tus comentario, pero sabes que, no es mi escritura, esta impreso en computadora, te paso la pagina donde las consigo... no se si la conoces es http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/ son gratis, estan super bonitas, ojala te sirva esta informacion!! saludos!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Girl... everyone of your cards are just WOW!! I would scroll down and literally say "WOW" in my head! Your owl card is over the top ... so cute! Love the ruffle heart... gorgeous! Your prayer card is beautiful and I love Mr. Greetings! Thanks for the shout out by the way! :)huge CONGRATS on all of your recognition... well deserved Jessica!! You are amazing!!

So glad that you guys got moved and are already unpacked! So sorry that your husband is sick!! That is no fun! I hope he gets better soon and will say a prayer for him and for yourself and your daughter that you will remain well!!

Love ya girl!

Vanessa said...

Jessica, this is fabulous!!!! Looooove this, you rock! Super card! Hope your husband feels better soon!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lisa said...

This is drop-dead cute! Love it!

Laural-Lee said...

She's cute. Very creative!

Hope you and your daughter stay healthy and that your husband recovers quickly. Blessings to you all.

stamperwithdayjob said...

Love your card - I think I spent over an hour on the internet on Friday night just looking for owl things - I am obsessed with owls and everything with them on it. Great color inspiration too.

Winter said...

Oh My Gosh! This has to be one of the cutest cards I have ever seen! I LOVE the eyelashes, you are so creative! How cute that you and your little girl have your craft tables together! :) Praying that your husband is feeling better soon and that ya'll stay well! :)

SmilynStef said...

Agreed ... just too stinkin' cute ... love her eye lashes and girly bow.

Karen said...

This is adorable! It should be in the winner's circle for sure! Hope your husband gets well soon and all your disinfecting protects you and your daughter.

Courtney Baker said...

Wow this is so cute. You are so creative!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Jessica--this is drling! I love shaped cards, and you nailed the eyes--they're perfect!

Regina Easter said...

OMG OMG OMG...THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER...

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

WOW! This is so great! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in the Embellish Magazine challenge!

Anthonette said...

This is the cutest card ever, Jessica! I even Tweeted it.

NinaB said...

Oh, this is so cute and adorable. I love the eyes!

naomi chokr said...

congratulations on being picked!!!! your card is amazing!!!

Julie Martin said...

i don't know how i ever missed your card before, but i am so glad you were chosen -- this is AWESOME!!

marianagrigsby said...

Cograts Jessica!!!! Super cute card!

Cindy Lee said...

Congrats Jessica!! Your owl is too cute!! I love those eyes!