Thursday, December 31, 2009

Love Is In The Air

Once Christmas' gone next thing you know it's count down to New Year's and then chocolates for Valentine's Day!! Sweetest and most lovely time of year (at least some say).

So I thought I'd share with you a simple Valentines's Day card I recently made. The colors are so traditional for the occasion yet it has some softness to it that I just love.

To create it I first stamped a background using versa mark. After that I created the simple center. I cut out two pieces of cardstock (a good size to layer) then I punched a border on one and distressed it quite a bit using my rose bud ink. Then I stamped the sentiment and traced the swirl and "I" with my platinum stickles. Then I stamped the lips and finished off with a couple of heart brads. Isn't that super simple?!?

And here it is. Have I mentioned how much I love these colors :)


Here's a close up of the lips. I bought this stamp a while ago and thought it so cute. I stamped it with rose bud by Memento and then used my liquid glass and it looks as if it did have lip gloss.


Well that's all for now. I'll be back early next week (my husbands' computer isn't available). So by then I'll have my simple Valentine's Day treats, lots of cards (I think from now on I'm going to share more than one per post) and remember that I have some Great News to share with you all, news you don't want to miss because to celebrate I'll have a Giveaway here at my blog!!!! Stay tuned and spread the word ;)

Blessings,
Jessica

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous card, Jessica! Love the lipgloss!!! I have an idea about your news - can`t wait to see if I am right! Have a great New Years Eve!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Brandi said...

Jessica,
Love the glossy lips, so cool! Glad to see you blogging again!
Brandi

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute! Happy New Year friend!

Winter said...

So cute! I LOVE the lip gloss look! I hope you can stop by my blog, I'm having a card drive, for a very good cause! Can't wait for your news too! :

Tiff said...

SO CUTE!

Kelley Eubanks said...

What a cute card! I love it! I want a set of lips stamp... I need to make sure that I don't have one... hmmm...

Just a great card! I can't wait to hear your exciting news!! :)