Friday, December 11, 2009

Too Long!!

Wow!! It's been a little too long since I've been around blog land. I've missed so much inspiration. It's good to be back even if it's for a little :)

Well it's official my computer crashed and it's beyond repair. So that has slowed down things for me. That's why I haven't been around. I miss you all.

How are your holiday creations/preparations coming along? Are you getting your shopping done? This year I'm making most of the gifts. It's so hard to purchase things for relatives and friends- you know, things they'll actually wear or like and gift cards can get expensive very quickly. So a homey gift it is. Which is better in my opinion and eco friendly ;) I've been working on vegan low fat chocolate chip cookies. Sometimes it's best to stick with what I know (paper goods) but I guess it's ok to venture out of my comfort zone (baking) even if it's for once. I think I'll be creating a box of goodies. It'll have chocolate treats, mini brownies on a stick with drizzled white and dark chocolate with dark chocolate cookie crumbs for texture, thumb print almond jewel cookies and dark chocolate chip, macadamia, cranberry cookies everything vegan and homemade. I'll be sure to post picture of my goodie box. Hopefully they'll turn out good :)

On another note even though I haven't been around doesn't mean I haven't been creating. I been making christmas cards galore and tree ornaments too. I need to snap a picture of that. For now I'll leave with two of my cards for the season. Enjoy!!

For my first card I used my Sassafras Sweet Marmalade paper and Bo Bunny huge snowflake stamp. A very fun and simple card. The colors are way brighter than what I'm used to working with and non traditional for christmas but I still think it's fun and festive.

For this second card I used ocean tides, london fog and amethyst. I love this color combo. I simple stamped randomly my snowflakes and added a border on top and to add some focal point I used a rhine stone my white gel pen and scor-pal.

I used pop up sticker for my sentiment. Since it's so tiny I wanted to make sure it was noticed.


Hope to be back soon. Can't say how soon till further notice. Meanwhile I'll be looking for a laptop :)

Have a lovely weekend!!
Blessings,
Jessica

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I missed you and was worried already! Your creations are gorgeous - can`t wait to see the cookies (if they turn out great they would be a candidate for the recipe swap...)Yumm!! Hope to "see" you soon!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Deanna said...

You were missed and these cards are beautiful!

AnitaRex said...

So sorry your computer crashed! I hope you guys can have it fixed soon! The joys of extra work and cost over the holidays! :> Love your creations, that's such a cute snowflake stamp (s)!

Courtney Baker said...

Great cards! I've missed you around blog land!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

She's back! :-)

Winter said...

I've missed you! Hope you get a new laptop soon! I hear you on the,making handmade gifts, I think it means more anyway! Very pretty cards! :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Glad all is well with you Jessica :) Your cards are fabulous! Looks like a winter wonderland swirling about! :) TFS

Paloma Gomez said...

Hola!! Muy lindas tus tarjetas como siempre!! y si se te extrano mucho que bueno que estas de regreso, saludos!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Hey girl.... I didn't know you were gone! :) I haven't been around either but... I am back... Hope you will be soon too! Loved catching up and seeing all of your great creations while I was gone! Thanks for the prayers and I hope you are enjoying your holiday season!!