Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Card Parade!!

Hello, hello friends!!!

I'm back this time a bit more consistent. My DH was away in a conference (Young Adult Christian Networking) for a week which meant I was left without a computer. Anyhow, it sure does feel good to be back and like I said I am going to be sharing more than one card per post, just for catch up :)

So, shall we begin? I think so :)

My first card was inspired by a card I received from Anthropologies. It was a very simple pierced cupcake card. I was so in-love with the concept I had to create my own version. So I took a pencil and lightly wrote the word love then pierced it. Then with a felt marker I drew a line under it and a heart. To finish it off I distressed the edges using my Palette burnt umber and added some stickles to the heart. Simple and different ;)


My next card uses as it's focal point an itty bitty paper quilt. I used one of my all time favorite stamp sets from Papertrey Ink and that is their Quilters Sampler set. When I first saw it I knew it was a set I had to add at some point to my collection because it's so homey. So to create it I stamped the quilt blocks onto my basic cardstock then I used a die cut to give it the pretty shape; using my color pencils I colored each block and finally cut each one and adhered it to another piece of die cut I had prepared. I used some pop up sicker to add dimension. Cards like these make me think of special anniversary's.


My final card is one I created for Winter's Cards for St. Jude Project. I love anything that has to do with supporting a charity. So I've created 4 of these and I'll be sending these her way tomorrow. Go check out her blog I believe she has some goodies to give away as part of the project. **The cards will be collected through out the month of January so you still have time :)




So there ya have it. I'll be back tomorrow to share some more cards, and Valentine's Day treat plus the recipe ;)

As for my exciting news... well not ready yet, but do stay tuned!! I'll be posting the giveaway very soon :)

Blessings and happy creating to all,
Jessica

9 comments:

Anthonette said...

Each and every one of them is a beautiful little gem. Good job, Jessica!

Winter said...

So cute & unique, I love them! Thank you ao much for the support in the card drive! It means so much! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

All of your cards are great! I have wanted that Quilters set for a long time. I am glad to hear you say that it is a fav of yours. I may have to order it soon. I just loved it when it came out but for some reason i didn't get it. With all the new releases... it is hard to go back and get an older set... I am always wanting some of the new ones!

Anyway... glad to see some Jessica creations and hear from you! I love that pierced card... that is an awesome idea!

Hope you are doing well!! :)

Laura O'Donnell said...

great cards!

and you're reminding me how much I've been wanting that quilting set for a loong time now!

Vanessa said...

super cards! Love what you did with the quilting set!!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Siri Fjørtoft, Fjørtoft Design said...

Your cards are simply stunning. I always feel inspired when visiting your blog. You are a true artist!!

Siri

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Jessica! And glad your back with a computer! Missed you around here!

Amanda Reddicliffe said...

All your cards are so unique, and ... beautiful doesn't *begin* to describe them. WOW!

Deanna said...

These are awesome Jessica!