Thursday, January 14, 2010

:{Embellish}: Color Challenge

Hope your week is and has been productive thus far. Mine has been busy. I like busy weeks because by the end of it I have this awesome sense of accomplishment that nothing can compare. However, with busy weeks comes little creative time and with so many awesome challenges out there one literally has to have a calendar not to miss them. So this one was a hurry, hurry, rush, rush!!!! I almost missed it. Did you girls get yours in? We have till today 11:59pm to submit our take of this lovely color challenge with hearts hosted by none other than the Embellish Magazine crew. I love there challenges. It's been a while since I've participated and boy how I've missed it.

If you've never participated in a challenge I encourage you to do so. Why? Because it'll take your creative abilities to the next level :)

Now here are the colors. Aren't they just fabulous? I'm not one to be found playing with red or black much but I must say I love the elegance it adds to any card.

Now for my take on this challenge. The card I created is as usual simple. In my opinion simple is good as long as your comfortable with a minimalistic approach. You don't want your card to be too simple that it lacks *design*-that would not be good. Whether you like to create layered, all dressed up cards or simple designs the key is balance.



Here's a close up so you can see the thin strip of glittery goodness :) To create it I simply cut out a strip of red cardstock and added garnet glitter (Martha Stewart's). *The cardstock is pink- lighting has been awful and my color editing abilities... we won't go there ;)


That's it for now. Unfortunately I didn't meet the deadline for Dawn's color challenge :( But that's okay I'll just have to write these challenges on my calendar so I don't miss them :)

Hope you found something worthy of inspiration here today.
Blessings,
Jessica

Materials:
Cardstock: PTI's sweet blush, true black
Stamps: Stampology (background) stampin up sentiment
Ink: Palette L'Amore Red PTI's vintage cream
Other: tracing wheel (faux stitch), Martha Stewart's garnet extra fine glitter, heart brads

15 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh so pretty!

Glynis said...

Lovely card, I like the simple elegance!
If you use flash it will wash out the colours. A simple fix is to use the 'levels' in photoshop or other photo program to whiten whites and brighten washed out colours.

Karla Kroese said...

Simply beautiful!

marianagrigsby said...

Wonderul, Jessica! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge with Hearts!

FLEUR de Lo said...

I'm so glad you did this challenge--it introduced me to your blog. Your work is simply beautiful! I LOVE your tip in an earlier post about how you punch the holes on your card. I love the look but always did it with a straight piercer---not worth the effort. Thanks!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

So very happy you were able to join us for this challenge! Wonderful card!

Laura O'Donnell said...

very elegant!

Maile Belles said...

Simply gorgeous!!! What a fabulous design, just full of great details! Love how you incorporated the hearts. So glad you joined us in the Embellish challenge!

Kelley Eubanks said...

I love this too Jessica! I love everything you make!! Beautiful!

Karen said...

Congratulations on being the winner of this challenge--well deserved!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Hi, Jessica! Congratulations on winning the Embellish Hearts Color Challenge!!!! Your card was beautiful!!! You have incredible style and great attention to detail!! Way to go!

Regina Easter said...

Hi Jessica, congrats on winning the Embellish hearts color challenge....this card is fabulous....hugs

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Congrats on your win for this challenge! Your card is AMAZING!

Anthonette said...

Congrats on winning the challenge, Jessica! Awesome card.

Laural-Lee said...

Congrats on your win Jessica! It is a fabulous card. You're on a creative roll aren't you?